Thursday, June 22, 2006

oh dear lord..and you've GOT to be kidding me..

last week I had posted this about fathers day and gifts.

I also posted about my run in with the the kind folks atgoogle ad sense.

Today I was looking at the ads and what do I see..but an ad for Colostomy Bag Suspenders. I *had* to click on it.

Now I can understand their need..but as a fathers day present?! Sweet lord.

hey dad..i know you love to crap and that bag gets weighed down..try these.

Oh man..so good.

Okay..you've got to be kidding me.

last night mrs.march had a meeting so the kids and I did dinner and one of the little marches asked if we could go to the local video store. It is not a big chain and I love Netflix so we hardly ever go. The selling point was 2-3 movies would be 99 cents each and they could have em for five days. My kids don't care..so why not.

The kids make their selections and I head to the counter to pay.

Clerk - phone #
Me - xxxxxxx
C - there is a 6.00 fee on this (mind you we have 2 vhs tapes and dvd)
me - for what?
c - seems you had a movie come in late
me - ummmm really? Do you have any information on this..i am just curious.
c - let me check
(a second clerk comes over)
C2 - whats up?
me - well I was told there was a 6.00 fee on my account and I don't mind paying a fee but i can't recall if/when/what it would be.
c2 - let me have a look...
c2 - yeah it seems the last time you rented from us was July of 2005
me - hmmm that makes no sense (now mind you we don't go that often..but 11 months ago?)
c2 - well is your address XXXXXXXXXXx
me - yep
c2 - well the last rental you had was in July..a VHS
me - any idea what it was?
*this is where it gets real good*
c2 - ummmm, nope because the tape has since been sold.
me - you are kidding me right? I don't mind a fee, but a movie that you don't even have any more I need to pay you for?

I pay the fee cuz I didn't want to take issue with this in front of the kids. Dad messed up, dad pays (that is what you want to show to little eyes) When I go to return the films I will ask to have my name removed from the database...as we won't be back. I am fine with a late fee..that is part of the rental. But, this is close to a year ago and you have a computer..don't you call people when movies are late? And what bugs me is they sold this movie. When I return them (trust me on time) I will explain my displeasure and give them a shot to redeem but its reason 1212192051230591321 why neflix is way better than this old school going to a video store crap.

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 7:55:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

You're a better man than I. If they had tried to give me that crap, I would have ripped them a new one. I don't take that kind of thing well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home