Monday, June 12, 2006

Ever have one of those weekends?

I ran one of those 50/50 weekends. Saturday it rained (shocker) and me and the marches laid low for the most part. The whole day I was waiting to head to a co-workers party so I was ready I tell you.

Mrs March got home from work and the littlest march had fallen asleep in the middle of the living room floor. Mrs asked me "When are you leaving?" I said that I was gonna eat dinner w/the family and do the "bed time stuff" to which she said "Why?, just go now". Ummm okay. I quick showered and was ready to go until..

I get downstairs and Mrs March is checking the temp on little march. 101.2. She says that I should go but that I needed to be home by 11pm since she was still on call.

It had rained most of the day but finally it was trying to brighten up. It was not freezing out either when I arrived. My host was there setting up some tents so we chatted and then tapped the keg. yes..tapped a keg. I can't tell you the last time I have been to a keg party.

Some people started to roll in and we fired up the grill. There was no more than 6 of us there just chilling. After some phone calls the party seemed to heat up.

Up next was to "really get going" and that meant drinking games. Now mind you I love em as much as the next person but in a rare moment of responsibility I chose to watch. I had a sick kid at home, was going to be home alone w/them again Sunday (toss in swimming lessons to boot) and I needed to drive. I never was very good any of the games but man they are fun.



All of a sudden the party really seems to get going. There is a bon fire and some dudes are tossing about everything you can think in to the fire to keep it going. Most of the party guest were playing "flip cup" and the beers were really flowing. It was fun to watch. A few other co-workers were there that I knew so we all hung out and had some drinks and laughs. Before I knew it..keg was tapped and folks were getting ready to head to a bar. That was (sadly) my queue to call it a night. I can't wait to hear the stories!

I get home and check on little march and he is WIDE awake and hot to the touch. I get him some water and turn the fan on him. I lay on the floor and just hang out until he drifts back to sleep.

Sunday rolls around and little march wants NOTHING to do with being up. We have to take older march to swim lessons so little march finally wakes up and off we go. We get to the pool and its hot and smelly (chemically) inside and I am sure little march had a stomach churn. We sat in the hallway until class was over and then headed home. Little march perks up when we walk past the vending machine and asks for some candy so I cave and buy them both stuff.

We arrive home and little march (who went to bed without dinner and had no breakfast) I figured he was ready. So he gets inside before me and hits the fridge and grabs his milk..uh oh! He has a sip and puts it back. I make PBJ and he has 2 bits and goes "oh no daddy!". I grab a bowl and he unloads his lunch. Poor guy just can't keep anything down. I push the rest of the sandwich aside but a few minutes later he grabs it, and finishes it. He seems to be perking up and is asking me when we are going to mow the lawn.

He was good for the most part of the rest of the day, but had another spike in fever and was in bed (for the night) at about 5. He was wiped. I was bracing for the worst today but guess who was up before 7am and VERY hungry....little march. We "seem" to be back in order.

Take out the sickness and the weekend was real fun. I haven't been to a "kegger" with people 10 years my junior in YEARS.

2 Comments:

At Monday, June 12, 2006 12:24:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

I actually watched the movie on Friday, and roadsy is right: never gets old. Wish I coulda joined you on Sat but I had to work. Maybe you won't be a complete and utter female next time and come to the baseball game/bar with the GA's/anything else that you say you will go to and puss out on.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 7:00:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

"Oh no daddy"

Very funny warning there...

Glad he's up and about. I miss keg stands sometimes too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home