Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Uggh...

During intermission of the Oilers vs. Hurricanes game I was flipping around some and I landed on VH1 and they were doing one of those "fabulous lives" segments. This one was on the new baby from Angelina and Brad. Are they effing kidding me? Seriously?

A fabulous day, let alone life, of a less than 4 week old involves keeping their food down and not crapping thru a diaper ruining an outfit..its really that simple.

For some reason I was frozen. Awe struck on so many levels.

The worst of the worst came to the "gifts" that companies were sending the couple. The idea being that people will see this kid in a certain name brand and suddenly the masses will run out and buy it.

Now being a father of two I think I can speak for just about every parent when I say "If I could give my kids everything I would". I just can't. So, they make due. Brad and Angelina wanted some $3,000 stroller, my kids got a $150.00 one that was safe, portable and functional.

The worst of the worst was some pacifier company. They made, get this, a $17,000 pacifier for the baby. It has over 200 diamonds in it.

Are they F**KING KIDDING?!?! What a colossal waste of time, money and diamonds.

I am not saying pacifiers are bad. My kids didn't use them (they never liked them) so if I got a gift like this I'd never use it for so many reasons. It is too much money, it is too fancy, and what if the kids doesn't take to it!! (You have to wonder if they are stupid enough to let the kid use it).

Then I heard on the radio today that People magazine won the "rights" to the first published photos of this kid. Somewhere in the ballpark of $4 Million. To the parents credit they claim all the $$ will go to charity.

Seriously..when this kids overdoses at 14 don't come crying to me.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:45:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

First, you should never flip between a hockey game and normal TV. That's like driving a Viper, throwing it into 6th gear, flying at 120, and then trading it in for your mom's minivan and expect to hit 60 within 5 min. It just doesn't work. Second, if you had that sort of money, you would spend it on ridiculous things, like a diamond studded pacifier, or that Viper I just mentioned... you'd buy that for me.

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:53:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Beyond that...

Where did those diamonds come from? Pretty sure they came from the same African mines as all the other dimmonds do. Picked and mined by abused and beaten children.

The same children they talk so with so omuch passion about saving!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home