Thursday, June 15, 2006

A little Fathers Day help..advice...

Fathers Day is approaching and I wanted to offer up some help.

First this "Dads and Grads" stuff...it SUCKS. We can't even get our own day. I know I know we ALWAYS get our day..whatever.

The last few weeks there have been ads for gift ideas for dads as well (even some local department stores have fathers days flyers). Apparently all we want for gifts are golf related. Divot kits, cute covers, monogramed balls, tees, ball makers, umbrellas and yes golf shirts.

Now I like golf. I was on the golf team in highschool but golf gifts? UGGGH. How about if your dad golfs you just send him out on the course. Throw some bud ponies (those are the small bud cans) in his bag, give him some matches and a cigar and tell him to go have fun.

We don't want golf shit.
We don't want tools. Tools = work and working when you don't have to, no thanks.
Plants = again, this involves work. Chances are in needs to be in the ground asap as well and we don't want that.

Here are some links to help you get that perfect gift for your dad:

A site for sports jerseys to metal detectors Guybuys

Your dad like to grill..how about some Alligator steaks or ostrich burgers. Yeah..check that out here.

Dads love candy too, Razzles, Pixi Sticks, you can find em here.

Its Thursday tho, and Fathers Day is Sunday...so you better get what you are getting for me sent via Fex Ex.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:12:00 AM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

I haven't thought of Razzels for like, a million years! Thanks for that - I am laughing! Weren't they the candy that changed into gum? I love when the candy companies understand that kids are the greediest people on earth and always want two things for the price of one. Genius.

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:45:00 AM , Blogger Dim said...

How about this for Father's Day?

http://www.airquee.co.uk/pub/

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:11:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

i prefer things like 1 ticket to a ball game. just becasue i'm a father due to the kids, it doesn't mean that i want to hang with them on my day. it ought to be a 'day off'. i'm with them all of the time and love them to death, but hey, let their mother deal with them for a day...

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:53:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Oops, I got my dad a gift certificate to Lowe's. I'm a bad daughter. Usually I get my dad a box of golf balls. Seriously, WTF am I supposed to get him though? All he does is yardwork, play golf, and watch baseball on TV. He doesn't read, doesn't listen to CDs, rarely watches movies (and already belongs to Netflix), doesn't cook, is retired, had open heart surgery so candy is sort of out of the question, and he doesn't have any hobbies besides the aforementioned things.

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:11:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

I get my dad shit for the yard... That's his hobby.

That and Barbeque...

He's a bit boring.

He doesn't golf, doesn't like attending live sporting events since he got teh big screeen TV... Owns like 30 CDs and reads shitty spy novels.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home