Thursday, May 11, 2006

over used word or expression

this just happened and I wanted to throw it out there.

I like the term ASAP when its used appropriately.

ASAP = As Soon As Possible.

I had a customer ask me a question and I need to find out about it so why not use "I'll get back you ASAP" meaning "As soon as I hear I'll update you. Sounds good. There was no sense of "urgency" on either side. Kinda casual like "hey i'll let you know as soon as possible".

So when the person on the other end of the phone, a teacher, a parent growing up, or boss/manager say "ASAP" it really means RIGHT THE F**K NOW. I like the expression in those situations to be ASAFP.

Funny how that works.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:33:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I hate when people say ASAP as a word instead of as letters. I prefer STAT myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home