Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another post w/no direction **updated**

Over the last say 72 hours I have dropped some good dough on cds. Its still an addiction for me. Thanks to a gift card and some cash for my birthday...I just love listening to new music, new meaning new material from a band I know/like, or new, in the sense I know one song or what have you. Perhaps it is the little things in life, but I still get a lot of "joy" from it.

I bagged playing hockey last night. We were not going to have a second goalie and if I went out to skate I was going to have pretty much four nights out this week. Its a lot for me, really. It was nice to hang out at home and catch up on some stuff that has been on the DVR like The Henry Rollins Show, and Ice Road Truckers. Once those were done I ripped thru 3 more episodes of Entourage. You can hammer those out easy on DVD since the episodes are just 30 minutes long. I am only on DVD 2 of Season 2 and its "pretty good". It has its moments for sure. For some reason the character dislike the most is Johnny Drama. Again, he has his moments but this dudes "down on his luck" stuff needs to end soon (perhaps that what makes people like him more?). Dunno.

If you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket grab the new Kings of Leon cd called Because of the Times. It is a pretty straight up rock record, but the hooks are gigantic at times. If you need a sample roll over to their myspace page. Of the songs listed I like "Fans" the best. You might too..go check it.

Not your bag? Check out the latest from Maserati. Its instrumental stuff..but real good. I really dig "Show me the Season". The bass line COOOOOOKS on that song.

Finally..taking Mrs March and the kids to see the Paw Sox tonight. Its the minor league affiliate to the Boston Red Sox. Tickets are cheaper, the kids just will want to eat (me too for that matter) but I am really looking forward to it. Hopefully nothing too "blog" worthy to post other than a rockin good time.

Oh, one last thing..thanks for the kind words on the new writing deal. Once I see the reviews go up, I'll post a (pimp that site) link.

**updated** my first review is posted
here.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 1:33:00 PM , Blogger Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Hey - Congrats on the new gig, March! Very cool. Best of luck with it... perhaps your days at Initech are coming to a close ??

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 5:55:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

You're famous!

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:28:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

Heeeee! That was a squeal of glee and pride - well done, March!

 
At Monday, August 06, 2007 9:50:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Drama reminds me of Mr Moon.
Someone to keep around so you realize that you don't have it so bad...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home