Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Going global.....

Have you ever read my blog and said "God I wish March had a bigger audience for his poorly written posts?" Yeah me either.

Anyhow, I have some kinda neat news.

I was on a message board when someone posted a link back to a site that had pictures and a review of a show I was at. I clicked over and checked it out. I had bookmarked the site as well. About 2-3 weeks ago now I was on the site and I saw a "contribute" button.

So, I took my chances and somehow impressed the founder of the site to let me write for them.

The site is Transform Online and I will be doing cd reviews. I have submitted two reviews that *should* be posted shortly. I did reviews on the new cd from Ryan Adams (Easy Tiger) and another band called The Dreadful Yawns.

My bio is on the site as well, but its pretty close to what you get if you read it here..but there you get to find out my real name (ohhh the hits that site is gonna get now!)

I am excited, its a non-paying gig (for now) but I get some cds and was told tickets for occasional shows may be in the cards.

Thanks to many of you for pushing me to write (as bad as I am at it).

Onward and upward right?!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:18:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

I knew your name already, but I went to check it out anyway, just because I'm so proud of you! Let us know when your reviews get posted there, so I can check it out.

I'm sorry to say that some of your FDFs are lost on me, and perhaps these will be, too, but that's just because your knowledge of music goes well beyond mine - there are bands you talk about that I've never heard of in my life! I'll still read them, though. :)

Congrats!

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:59:00 AM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey! That is GREAT news! And you're still getting paid with music, right? When I started freelancing, I did a lot of stuff for free (minds out of the gutter folks!)

Anyway, maybe they'll let you review HSM2! LOL! I cracked up about that SOARING FLYING comment! Love that show!

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:26:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

Nice dude....I'll finally get to know your real name now.

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:31:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool news, T--- (real name redacted :)). Look forward to reading those...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home