Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well isn't that a fine how do you do...

...or lack thereof.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed a trend and I wonder if it is just me. Its happened more via the phone than in person. If I were to call you saying the following how would you respond (in a business setting)

Hey (insert name here) This is March calling from _____. How are you?

***answer***

As of late I do the following pleasantries and the response I get from "adults" is a simple "good". Not a "Good thanks, you?"

Part of me takes it as this person is a cold mother effer who just wants to get off the phone. You don't know me..so why are you asking me how I am?

I am not offended but that awkward silence you get of "good" is just so unsatisfying to me. I don't need to know (nor do I honestly care when it comes down to it) how this person REALLY is.

Perhaps I need to start being more forward.

David, this is March calling..I am not here to make friends or see how you are..this is a business call so lets get down to it. I don't care if you don't have a moment or if you are not ready..i called because I need answers...can you give them to me?

A simple "Fine thanks" will do. Extra points if I get a "fine thanks, you?"

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:06:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
WOOT!

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:44:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

I guess I will need to change my response if the rules are changing for the opener.

"Good morning, this is Sammy and Joe, if your calling for answers stop wasting my time and yours and hang up, I will call YOU when I have something for you, until then sit there by the phone with your thumb in your ass and wait."

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:35:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

I hate that, too, March! Possibly worse, though, is when someone says the greeting you mentioned, and you respond with something like, "I'm great! How are you?" and then YOU'RE met with the stony silence. WTF is that about?! You asked me, I answered...don't I deserve the same?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home