Monday, July 23, 2007

Me? Spiderman?! and "Stuff I don't get"

not a lot going on..but feel like Mondays need a post.

I think I might have gotten a spider bite at some point last week. Down on my ankle I had a massive itch (that needed to be scratched) for a day or so. Then the other day I noticed kind of a scab there. (sorry this is kinda gross). During the middle part of last week (Wednesday) I was having dizzy spells, and felt just not right. So "not right" I actually skipped going to the Battles concert I had tickets to. Wednesday, I think that night I was in bed at 8:20. Thursday was kinda the same...just didn't feel right. Stuff has passed but I have this spot on my ankle and I am not sure I want to waste the time going to the MD. You know, make an appointment, wait 3+days..then wait 45 minutes beyond your appointment time time to be told that you just vigorously scratched a mosquito bite? Dunno. Once I start sticking to the wall and shooting webs I'll let you know. If it was a spider bite, it messed me up pretty good for a few days that is for sure.


File under: I don't get it? Perhaps its just me..but I do NOT get the appeal of Adam Sandler. The stupid voice he does, that dumb ass shit eating grin. I have no idea what it is. People look at me like I am nuts for not liking his movies. Cut the crap with "Oh opera man on SNL was great" whatever..get out of here. Then he tries the "serious" movies and they are hits too. Who is buying these movie tickets...you need to stop. His latest movie had some of the worst reviews this side of Glitter yet it was #1 at the box office.

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 23, 2007 11:25:00 AM , Blogger Dim said...

I agree that I don't really get a lot of Sandler and that annoying voice gets really aggravating, but two movies that I thought he was very good in are The Wedding Singer (he wasn't doing his schtick) and, even moreso, Punch Drunk Love, which is absolutely brilliant.

All the Billy Madison, Little Nicky, etc. stuff is just something I don't get. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of Dumb and Dumber either, so what do I know?

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 1:08:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Adam Sandler nor do I dislike him. He's done some funny stuff, I guess. I also like the Wedding Singer

I hope it wasn't a brown recluse.

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 5:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family knows that I don't do Adam Sandler AT ALL! He is just simply too stupid and completely not funny.

Sorry about your spider bite, those can be nasty. I'm also wondering if it might have been a tick, those can make you pretty sick too.

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 7:07:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I never thought about it, but I've never enjoyed his work either.

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:26:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

That same thing happend to MAAAAAAAAAAK. Got bit in Maine a few years ago on a Friday, went home, felt like poop, went to work Monday, got up Tuesday and his hand was a ballon, puss, blood, you name it!
Two words... BROWN RECLUSE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home