Thursday, December 28, 2006

How do some people do it?

I am a fan of documentary films and if I had the time and talent I'd love to make a documentary on how folks land "cool jobs". I know what you are saying "March, what do you define as a cool job?" and "Your idea of a cool job is my idea of hell". Okay, okay I guess when I get the dough, the skills, the camera gear and all that I can create a web page to solicit ideas of what to tackle.

My cubemate always says he wants to be a bullpen catcher. There is an idea...

Where is all this coming from? Last night I watched Hard Rock Treasures, a documentary on one of the guys that buys/aquires memorabilia for the Hard Rock resturants, hotels etc..

The most frustrating part was they never talked about how he got the job. He seemed "bored" with it as well. Me, I sat there on the edge of the couch..literally. It's not that it was a fantastic documentary but the subject matter for me all but made up for it.

I have no idea where I am going on all this....

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 29, 2006 9:20:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to be an international playboy. Sadly nit alot of options out there.
I would also love to be a Formula 1 driver (or any major type), but I would need to lose about 100 lbs!
Bah! who am I kidding I am living my DREAM! (Yea, in my dreams!)

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 10:04:00 AM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

I kind of liked the Tom Hanks Toy Company job in "Big." But buying rock memorabilia would be awesome. The fact that the guy was bored with the role means he was either put in the position (born rich?) or that he's a snotty fool.

Every single day would be like a carnival for me. Man!

What's the Forgotten Disc for today?

 
At Sunday, December 31, 2006 5:16:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

dude, stop talking and pull the trigger....nobody said on their deathbed..."wow, going to the cube day-in and day-out, answering to middle managers, and having nothing to show for it was a killer idea!"

go out and get a cool job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home