Answers to 2 sets of questions..
In the last post I said "ask away" so far 2 people:
Jenny G asked "What is the Meaning of Life"
That is easy..and I do this in the style of
Leslie Nielsens character of Dr.Rumack from Airplane!
It is a movie starring John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam amongst others..but that is not important right now.
From Annoyed "I have a few"
1. What's your opinion of Gay Marriage?
Ohh boy nothing like going in easy. Here goes:
I think the issue most people have is with the definition of "marriage". I was raised catholic and I try to still uphold "some" of the teachings. That being said, I am all for it. If two people love one another that much to be committed to each other why not? The literal meaning is "man and woman" I know with the idea of procreation. What about the married hetro couples that DON'T want kids? I think its a shame that something so personal has such a profound effect on outsiders. If you are in love , and want to be "joined together" you should have the right to the benefits of any other "married" couple. I think calling it anything else is wrong as well. A "joint union" sounds so fake to me. I'd like to say I am sorry if I offended anyone..but I am not. Annoyed asked...I answered..
2. What's the worst album you listen to knowing it sucks...but you just can't help yourself? Checking my music snobbery at the door...Thiller. It kicks ass on so many levels. Too bad MJ screwed up BADLY.
3. You could be a cast member of SNL for one season. Which season do you pick? Probably a season w/Chris Farley...a close second to Will Ferrell. Both of these guys have given us the most memorable characters and were the two strongest members of all time. That being said and without hunting down which season I'd have to say for Farley any year that Spade was still on the show or w/Ferrell the Sheri Oteri years. I am sure the surrounding cast members realized that if they were in a skit w/said person(s) they'd really need to bring their A game.
4. Where's waldo? Waldo is right there..bottom of the page surrounded by the juggling clowns and Irish dancers.
5. You have to live in another country for a year. Which is it? (It can't be Canada) - Since I can only speak and understand one language I'd lean towards an English speaking nation. If its on someone elses dime Australia. New Zealand a close second. England/Ireland would work as well.
6. Worst thing you ever ate? - Ate or tasted? Full on ate I am sure was a pube nestled in to something unsuspectingly but I pray that to never ever be true. I tasted one of those super sour, sour balls once..that was horrid. As far as "I'll try that to see what its like" I had a snail once..and I knew it was a snail so that made it worse.
7. The last time you cried in front of your wife? Off the top of my head it was a week or so after our first child was born. I just remember sitting at the kitchen table and suddenly realized I was responsible for someone other than myself. It overwhelmed me and I was suddenly no longer "ecstatic" about being a dad..I was scared out of my mind. I am ecstatic to be a Dad of course..and yes..still scared (only on some levels)
8. The last thing one of your kids said that completely SHOCKED you? - Little March told me three of the moons of Jupiter so convincingly I thought she made em up. Nope..she nailed em.
9. You make to heaven and God is throwing the first Heaven Woodstock. He tells you to pick five bands to play it. Who do you pick and why?
Excellent question. I am going to go with the "hope" that I will be around for a few more years and that all the members or said bands will be already there. In no real order. Mozart. Even though I am not a massive classical kinda guy I'd like to see him play. Second. Miles Davis during the bee-bop years. I was lucky to see him before he died, but have since grown leaps and bounds as a fan. Third - The Beatles. Just to see them. Fourth - The Clash - when they were ready to go in to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame there was rumors the band would bury the hatchet and play live together...Joe Strummer died thus putting an end to that. Fifth - The Police..I just don't think it will happen in my lifetime. (Talking Heads too!)
10. How has blogging in general met, exceeded or missed your expectations?
I enjoy it on so many levels. I have "met" some very diverse people and been allowed to poorly express my thoughts on things. In that its "free" its hard to get mad when it won't upload pictures or seems to "die" when I have a witty comment. I agree with your post on it..charging a very minimal fee would weed out so many of the dead blogs and keep the people that want to be here..here. It can't get really any more "user" friendly as far as drag and drop and icons to indicate what you can do. Overall I'd say I am pleased.
Whew..thats it so far..more of em..fire away.