Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Another few questions..

Thanks everyone this is really fun.
Deb of Fresh Air Lover fame asks:

What is the best Christmas gift you ever received?

Answer - I need to kinda cheat and say 2 things really stand out but they also were years ago which I think was for the best as it makes me so excited for the season every year no matter the age.

The first was this:



Its from The Empire Strikes Back and it is the Imperial Snow Walker or "AT-AT". It was the biggest suprise and the box had to have used up a full roll of wrapping paper. This was it for a lot of years.

Then a few years later I recall being a part of my first ever "toy craze". The big thing that year was this:



It was called "Lazer Tag" and it was all I wanted. Before the days of ebay and what have you parents needs to track stuff down. Often the malls were a good hour away from each other. I just remember wanting this so badly but I was old enough to know there was demand/shortage etc. So Christmas day came and I went thru all my gifts waiting for the Lazer Tag and nuttin. My dad, the slowest unwrapper ever cracked open a gift and said "Oh wow look what I got!" and it was Lazer Tag. He told me it was his and that Santa brought it for him. It was an awful joke but pretty great looking back at it.

Come to find out a neighbor down the street from us was bumbling thru a store looking for "other stuff" and came upon a few of them so he grabbed 3 of them. I got one and my 2 buddies got them. We played that game all day every day for months.



and
Ramblin Rose asks two:

If you could reccomend a book what would it be and why?

Answer - I always wish I read more. I read to my kids every night but when it comes to me reading outside a magazine/newspaper I read a few pages tops a night before bed. I need to go with
this book for kids. It is for kids, but the lesson(s) it teaches could answer your next question but that would be cheating on my side. On top of that I love the art in the bool

If there is one thing you would like your kids to "get" ie.. life lesson in life what would it be and why?
Hmmm just one eh wow...how about "Establish good credit at a young age"? That is important but I'd like to teach them to never be selfish...and that life is just not fair so get used to it.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:18:00 AM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

aaah the old AT-AT Man if you only knew how much all that stuff was goign to be worth..... Where the heck did that go? Let me guess the floating hospital..

Lazer tag, NOW THAT WAS COOL! Still not sure what store they came from, all I know is that somehow Dot and Dot always seem to find things in the strangest places!

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:18:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AT-AT...there is a 9-year-old in my ouse that would love one of those things!

My favorite gift was a little battery powered attachment that I could put on my Hotwheels cars and make them "go". What can I say...I was a tom-boy:-)

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:50:00 AM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I hope you're still taking questions, 'cause I got a few:

1. Would you rather make out with the world's ugliest woman, or the prettiest dude?

2. So you're away from the wifey in Las Vegas, you hit it big and head out to one of the brothels to try something different. Do you go with the midget? Or do you go with the chick weighing close to 500lbs?

3. Would you rather loose a leg from the knee down, or an arm from the elbow down?

4. If you had to change your name, what would you change it too?

5. Alpine or x-country skiing?

6. Any chance we'll ever work out a way to get me a copy of that U2 show from 10/4/05?

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:51:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Would you rather become blind or deaf? Neither is not an option.

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:39:00 PM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

I never got the damn AT-AT. Nor did I get the Darth Vader X-Wing. I did get the Slave-1 and a number of other smaller accessories. The sight of the AT-AT excited and chilled me. Man I wanted that.

I did get the lazer tag set though. Batteries lasted for like 10 seconds and the shells over those little red lights (sensors) cracked quite easily.

These points prove two things: I have a crazy memory and that I was a dweeb.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home