Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Some fun links for Tuesday

Before we get to the links..wanted to share this.

I read the other day that "Diddy" wants to be James Bond. Correction, the first black James Bond. Since he is putting it out there I'd like to toss my hat in the ring then. I'd like to be the first middle 30's, "husky built", slightly balding, pale skinned, father of two, bacon and donut lovin redheaded irishman to play bond. Come on Diddy..who DOESN'T Want to be Bond? He gets the cool cars, the women, amazing gadgets, women, guns, women and he always ALWAYS wins. Now, where do I sign?

Links...

I have had a few of these in my favorites..Decided to post some cool/fun links to check out if you desire.

1) It is a well known fact I just don't read enough. Mostly I say "Oh I liked____" but wonder what might be like it. Well check out
What Should I read Next. Put in the book you liked/read and it will give you some suggestions. I think the avid readers might need to tell me if its good/bad etc. Overall I was impressed.

2) One of the things that keeps me from reading is TV..I'll admit it. I like movies and sometimes netflix is "in transit". So if you have cable check outmoviesoncable.com. For fun I put in Shawshank Redemption..and lemme say I can get my fill.

3) Most people have "googled" their name one time or another. Check out
How Many of Me. You put in your first/last name and it will tell you how common your name is (good news my first name is 99.9% male). There are 77 people in the USA that share my name. Only 3 of Mrs March, 12 of Little March and Littlest March...5.

**updated** - not sure how good this is,
Jocular put in his name and there were zero matches. We know he is one in a million billion trillon..but there is something up.

4) Finally. Ever see a commercial and wonder "What is that song?" Check out
Music from TV Commercials to help you out.

Okay..don't blame me if you get ZERO done today.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:00:00 AM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

Red Dawn is on TWICE this month!!!!! Definitely one of the Pond St. Favorites right there!

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:25:00 AM , Blogger Greg said...

wait a minute. "husky"?

how about fatty fatty toad boy?

absolutely flabulous?

pug-nosed gimp?

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:26:00 AM , Blogger Dim said...

Yeah, I put in my name and it came up with 1 result, presumably me. But then put in the wife's maiden name and my mother's married name and both of them say zero people have that name.

Site gets an F-.

- D.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:08:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I would love to punch P. Diddy in the face.

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:35:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

According to the site no one in the US has the name Lars. Obviously others do, there are at least 10 people in my family (out to 2nd cousins) with my first name, and half of those have the same last name as me too. Heck I'm Lars E****n III, so there are easily 2 more ahead of me.

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:59:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it said that there weren't any other people with my last name...I realize we're the only family in the US with this last name, but there are plenty of members of my family with our name. Hmmm... Plus, it says that 1,500 gals have my first name, which I simply can't imagine is true, as it's an EXTREMELY uncommon combination. Oh well!

Can I punch P. Diddy after you, Jenny? What a complete dumbass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home