Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I am an addict...

Today the The Flaming Lipswere due to re-release their latest cd At War with the Mystics in a deluxe "limited" edition. The cd would come with the "regular" version then cd 2 would be a DVD Audio with 5.1 mix of the album and videos etc.

The last 2 records from the lips got this stunning 5.1 transfer and it really makes the home system shine showing what it can do.

The really good record store is just not close anymore so I had to hit a local "chain" that has overpriced stuff.

I called to make sure they'd actually have it and they did. So I had to run to the post office at lunch and I stopped in.

If you follow music news at all this is the same chain that a member of the Scissor Sisters called out saying their prices were too high. He said he walked in and the latest cd from The Raconteurs was $18.99. In saying this he got his bands cd "banned" from being sold in their stores.

Anyhow I way over paid for the Lips set and HAD to see for myself how much the Raconteurs cd was...it was not 18.99..but it had 3 "sale stickers" on it ranging from 13.99 to 16.99.

I wish I could say "never again" but I am an addict and anyway to feed the beast....nobody to blame but myself.

oh..the 5.1 you ask? I only "scanned" it when I got home...DE-FREAKING-LISH-OUS.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:35:00 PM , Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

You are too funny. I'm an addict of a few things myself, but having 4 kids doesn't allow me to feed the beast as much as I'd like. I'm too busy feeding 4 other beasts;))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home