Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Kinski melts my face.

I was working from home yesterday and even though I have more music at my "fingertips" I had "nothing to listen to". I should be listening to some 2005 releases and getting my Favorites of 2005 in order but per the norm I got lazy. There is one 2005 release that may or may not make my list. The band is called Kinski. They hail from Seattle and are nothing like the bands my mom would jump up and say "ohh they have the seattle sound!". This year they released a cd called "Alpine Static" and its a pretty good piece of work but I decided to go with one of the re-issues. I threw on "Be Gentle With the Warm Turtle". What makes this record unique (at least for Kinski) is that there is a tad bit of vocals on the record. Right now if a band does NOT have a singer it seems to grab my attention more. Anyhow I have listened to the third track on the disc which is called Newport about 5 times in a row. Not because of the "rare" vocals even but for the sheer balls out guitar "snog" that goes down. The song is 5:01 according to my iTunes player and at about 2:22 it just freaking takes off. A true sign on a great song to me is when I sing the guitar, bass, drum parts and air jam the important parts. (see my talk about Jesus of Suburbia from Green Day). It just smokes..awww yeah. They have some mp3's on the site but not an mp3 of this tune (bummer for you). If you wanna get yer rock on instrumental style check some of the goods out here. You can thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home