Monday, January 9, 2006

weekend update..2 days later.

So I dropped the ball on getting my Sirius radio stuff this past weekend. Its not that I didn't go an look into it all but when it
all came down to buying the stuff I was not going to have everything I "wanted" at a reasonable price. Sure I could have grabbed the $250.00+ S50 but I don't need "that much". Every place I went had one part and not the other that would allow me to listen at home/car/work etc. I went to one place and actually made my way to the register with a unit that was gonna set me up in my car and I did something I hardly ever do. I stopped, and really thought about what it was I was getting. I put it back and said "I can wait to get everything I want at one time". I was proud of myself. That happens so rarely for me. As far as the radio thing I have nobody to blame but myself for "waiting".

The trend continued when I went to a local record shop and put the new Strokes cd back. For 2 reasons..one I am not all that keen on the first single, second, I forgot a coupon that would get me the cd for 7.99. So in the span of 30 minutes in 2 places I put something back I just didn't need...it then continued. I went to Borders to get a replacement book for my 3 year old (long story). I had to order it..so I could leave another place having not spent a dime. I went over to the magazines to have a look and 2 different music mags struck my fancy. I walked around w/them while I looked at the "sale" books. After a few moments that little voice came up and said "Do you really need this magazine for a single page blurb on a band you like?" I went back and put the 2 of them back and left having again, not spent a dime. This is rare for me..very rare. I always seem to buy crap I don't REALLY need. (then again what do we really need barring food/water/clothing/shelter) 2006 is shaping up pretty good if I can keep this kind of restraint up.

I still sing the Chroni -WHAT-KLZ of Narnia now and then and it still brings a smile to my face. Some person made bobble heads of them and sold em for over 200! I am pretty sure its the same person that did the bobble head for that Jesus Jumper from Trading Spouces. Anyhow if ya care the link is here.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:05:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

Wow, that shows a lot of restraint, putting back ALL those things in one day. I'm such an impulsive shopper, those days when I do stuff like that are few and very far between.

I had the Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia song in my head for DAYS after I saw that on your blog. It was hilarious. Anytime anyone mentions the movie, I get it in my head again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home