2006..a look ahead
Its that time of year. Time when Gym Memberships go up, salad consumption goes to an all time high and we take a few moments to decide "what are my resolutions for the new year". There are some that say "I never make them" Others (like me) make them and then break them.
Resolutions are, at least I think, a method to make you a better person. Lots of folks like to start diet, exercise or what not..and all that is great its just the issue of sticking with it. So I decided that this year I wanted to do stuff that would make me feel better on whole. So I give you my list of "Goals NOT Resolutions" for 2006.
1) Go skiing at least one time this year. I used to ski a few times a year. The last few years I have not strapped them on. Sick day is forth coming and a day of skiing is in the cards.
2) Play at LEAST 2 rounds of golf. Not 9 holes either. I was on the golf team in high school. I used to play 2-3 times a month as I "got older" then I stopped cuz who honestly can spend that amount of money and not be around for 4+ hrs on the weekend?!
3) Portion Control. I use this as an easier method of "dieting". I have started eating better due to higher cholesterol. I could do a lot better. What this all means is I need to order "small". On the rare occasion I order a sub I'll get small. Stuff like that.. Leads to..
4) Eating Leftovers. We make a good amount of casseroles and the like at home. Seems like after the first time around it sits, then gets tossed. Which leads to
5) Brown bagging lunch. If I can do 3 and 4..5 will be easy. I have been good about bagging lunch and I am actually only in the office three days a week now so if I can bag 2 of the days I come to work I'll be in great shape.
6) Kayak at least two times. See #1 and 2. I know I need to make the time but my wife has a new work schedule so buzz off if you think I am just lazy and life isn't just about "ME" all the time.
7) Drink 64oz of water a day. Note to self..drink it early..cuz the rides home can be LOOOONG.
8) Hike Purgatory Chasm and Blue Hill w/my six (well by then 7) year old.
9) Read a book a month. (no not magazines!)
So its just 9..nothing major and things I feel I can cross off my list that I have actually DONE.
Happy New Year I hope you all reach your resolutions or goals of 2006!
Thank you for reading as always.