Tuesday, January 3, 2006

11 days and counting...

I chatted to a few people today via IM. I needed that. I have not been to the office for 11 days now. The last day I was in the office was on Friday 12/23 for 1/2 day. I brought my 6 year old w/me as well because she was not feeling the best and she had no school. Since then I have been doing the holiday thing and "parenting". Its exhausting. How do single moms do this?! I love them (both my kids) very much but today I was so ready to go to work. Then last night the wife tells me "Did you hear tomorrow we may have a nor'easter" (out of towners that is a mild/heavy snow). My mind raced..and for a fleeting moment I was somewhat sad that I might..just MIGHT not make it to work Tuesday. Well it happened..snow fell, daycare lost power, school got cancelled and March said "what the hell..what is one more day?"!. Here I sit..inside from sledding already and 2 kids that took a whole 5 minutes before crying that snow was somewhere it shouldn't be. I have the shortest fuse..I hate when I feel like this. So they are watching TV and I am at the CPU...but its just about time to get up.

11 days...Mother in law came..with the boyfriend. Christmas was not one not 2 but THREE days long with more trash than I have ever seen. I ate, and ate and ate. It was great..but I "miss" work somehow.

Christmas was pretty quiet. We went easy on the gift giving as adults. One of the coolest things I can say I got was Stairway to Heaven. Its a books about Rock "Stars" gravesites. Its a cool read and it tells you about the artists final day(s) and some of the cemetery traditions. For example Lisa Left Eye Lopez of TLC people leave coins on her grave and nobody knows why. Also I was somewhat bummed to read that the "bust" of Jim Morrison has been removed from his grave in Paris because it was stolen so often. Now its a drab marker rather than the cool statue. Rock fans, or music fans in general would find this book interesting.

march returns to the office..(he thinks and hopes) tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home