Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend...

Kinda the same old same old. Errands gallore it seems. Weather was good and I seemed to get a few things done so I can't complain too much.

Watched 2 movies over the weekend. I finally saw all of Dawn of the Dead. Its a shame that as good as the movie is for its genre its just "silly" now since there are so many bad horror films these days. I'll still be sure to check out George Romeros other stuff. I have the documentary on the film coming this week as well.

Amelie was second. I have wanted to see it and the IMDB fans have it ranked as one of the top 30 films of all time. It was great. I'd watch it again right now if I could. I recommend it to anyone.


Saturday night I went to Providence to catch the band Nashville Pussy. It was a pretty good show. I left my house later so I didn't have to suffer through a slew of no-name bands (sorry if you are one). The band went on after 12 and they were really solid. If you are looking for straight up rock this is the band for you. Ruyter is the guitar player. She is about 5 foot 2 and she just rocks. Very animated on stage and she works the audience in to a frenzy. The band played for about 1hr and 20 minutes so it was worth the free ticket/parking and ride down. I got a week off from shows but 2 U2 shows next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home