Thursday, September 15, 2005

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah..oh yeah..



last night it was Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at the super small TT The Bears in Cambridge, MA. I timed this one perfect. I arrived at the venue and Dr.Dog (the second to last band) was already in their set. I had read about them
in Alternative Press and they honestly were not too bad. The guitar player was having technical issues and that grinds any band to a halt. They had some pretty good hooks and the jingly pop sound that can be so much fun.

The stage was cleared and I got a new sight line/tape spot during the set change. I was about 12/15 feet back a little off to the left of the stage. The band took the stage (well they set up their own gear so they were already on) right before 11.

It was a good set. The band only has one record (see the great review that got me to by the record here)
http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clap-your-hands-say-yeah/clap-your-hands-say-yeah.shtml (I need to figure
out links!) The downside was only having one record of material to work with. The band, which has five members, stuck to their groove barring 2 players that would alternate keyboards to guitar etc. The biggest issue I had with the night
is how the lead singer seemed so freaking bored with it all. I understand your rock star strutting and posing but for the love of god you have a potentially ravenous sold out crowd..a simple "Hi" or "thanks for coming" from the front man I think is important. Sure its "lame" but Springsteen, Jagger and Bono for example have no issues with saying "hello (insert city here)".

That was really my only gripe. A little happier to be there and a hi. Its still early in the tour so try to catch them if you can but shows have been selling out.

Ride home was quick..head on pillow about 12:50am. I'll do it all over again tonight (not as late) for Sigur Ros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home