Wednesday, August 15, 2007

You kinda had to be there..but still....

As I have noted a few times here Mrs. March is a big fan of Amy Winehouse. I am as well, but she took the cd from me LOOONG ago.

As you can tell by this image Amy has a a "LOT" of hair. Often times its kind of a mess to boot.



Yesterday I arrived home before Mrs and the Little Marches and was in the yard when they arrived home.

Little March hops out of the mini van (aka Loser Cruiser when I drive it) and comes running up to me.

LM - Check me out!
Me - ummm what happened to you?

Little March stands and spins in a circle slowly. Her white YMCA T-shirt from camp is covered with red splotches, marks and stains. Its far more than a a juice spill that is for sure.

Me - What happened??!
LM - We had a Jello fight at camp.
Me - Jello fight?
LM - Yeah
Me - was this a food fight or was it planned.
LM - Oh, it was the councilers idea. (Man I need a job there)

We giggle for a second and then Little March grabs her hair.
LM - Dad..check out my hair.
ME - Wow..crusty
LM - Yeah..I am like Amy Winehouse.

You kinda needed to be there, but upon chatting w/Mrs March she never mentioned one Amy Winehouse at all..nor does LM get to listen to the Winehouse cd.

I tried to find a good/better picture of her sometimes rat nest hair but Look what you find when you google Amy Winehouse's Hair.

Lame, silly..whatever..but it was pretty comical.

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:39:00 AM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Freaky plate hair-do!

I know I have heard Amy Winehouse before but need to check out more of her music. BTW, how could you not love a singer with a last name like WINEHOUSE!...

SOARING... FLYING!!! Do you know the new songs yet????

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:50:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Manic it is good. Might take 1-2 spins but her voice is great.

Got the soundtrack for HSM2 yesterday on the way to work. I didn't open it at work, or put on the ipod...yet.

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:43:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Amy Winehouse! I think part of the reason I like her so much is she doesn't have the standard canned voice. Instead, she's soulful and spicy!

I've been to visit before, but Manic sent me over again, so here I am. :) I occasionally check your Forgotten Disc Friday site, too.

Nice to come out of the lurking closet!

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:13:00 PM , Blogger M said...

Haven't heard her music but I did almost write a post last night about how my husband said I look like her. And I really didn't take it as a compliment.

I didn't know who she was and the first photo I Googled of her wasn't exactly, shall we say, flattering. But I know he meant it as a good thing, and well now that your family seems to like her too, I'll just decide to take it that way. Though I still don't think I look a thing like her!

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:22:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Little March is pretty clever!

I really like Amy Winehouse, but she's a mess. Isn't she going to rehab now?

And dude, you only have 2 kids; lose the minivan!

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:26:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

andrea - thank you for stopping over..

m - thanks for stopping over as well. She is a mess..and that is part of the charm.

Jenny - the cd is a far cry from my "normal" listening but its grown on me a lot. She is a mess and as noted makes for the charm.

Lose the van...haha I spat out my water. Here I come in my LOOOSAH CROOOZAHH.

-march

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:35:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

What was Mrs. March's reaction to teh Jello fight?
I bet if it was Dad's idea you would have heard about the jello stains for weeks! AND you would have been responsible for their removal!

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:44:00 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

WTF is up with that plate?
That is so bizarro & ugly.

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:57:00 PM , Blogger Matt said...

oh man! that plate is awesome! i'm totally getting that for my wife for christmas or something... oh! ANNIVERSARY! perfect!

thanks for visiting Water the Blog! I'm on Manic's Marching Orders also

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:21:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

hmmm...still have no idea who this Amy Whino is!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:53:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I like the song Rehab from Amy Winehouse. Kind of fitting since she needs it. I love how her voice is so unique.

The plate is hilarious!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:14:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!! I've only heard of Amy Whinehouse once... Guess I live on another planet LOL .....


And what's with the Minivan with two kids???? *LOL* You better start car shopping as the kids get older they wont want to ride in the looser cruzer...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home