Monday, August 20, 2007

A sleepover...

Since some of you knew that little march was having a High School Musical 2 sleepover for the premiere I felt I had better enter something today, cuz if I didn't you'd swear I was dead.

4 girls stayed the night, one left after the movie.

Few things

- 8 and 9 year old girls talk a lot..and loudly.
- I will only order pizza AFTER I ask the kids how many pieces they usually eat. If I have one more slice of left over pizza...Who eats ONCE piece of pizza??!
- The dust from Jax cheese puffs is hard to clean
- A dark basement and lightning flashing outside from 12:45am until ??? doesn't help get little kids settled down.
- If you are going to allow a sleepover a finished basement will be the best investment you have ever made.
- 8 and 9 year old girls will sit quietly for a highly anticipated movie for ABOUT 20 minutes. After that first commercial I am not sure any of them heard or saw a thing on the screen.
- Calories I lost going up and down the stairs - 8,921.

Mrs March had a pretty good idea. She said "Lets put a baby monitor down there so if someone gets sick etc we can come down (our bedroom is on the second floor). Well it took about 5 minutes for one of the little angles to find the monitor and talk directly in to it.

Finally at 1:15am I take the walk down to the basement. That's it girls..please. You can talk quiet but someone (one of the girls looked like she was going to die if she didn't fall asleep) might want to sleep.

6:15am the monitor is waking me up. Its quiet giggles but it swells
6:16am I am up...
6:20 I get to the kitchen and I am greeted by one of the buddies that was the ring leader last night. I clench my fist.....
6:21 Little angel "We slept at LEAST 6hrs last night" Now I suck at math..but 2am to 6am???
6:25 All the kids upstairs looking for something to eat.
6:30 I turn on the TV and say I need a few minutes to get the pancakes rolling.
6:50 Pancakes, bacon, muffins, drinks poured napkins out the kids come in.
6:52 first girl says "I am done" WHAAAAAAT???! I have a stack of pancakes and more on the griddle. (see I need to learn pizza/pancakes)
6:53 second girl says she is done. (I grumble..)

I turn to Mrs March "What time is pickup again?" 10am dear.

After the girls are all done they settle back in to the basement to play dolls and what have you.

I had names for all of them during the night.
Ringleader - she is the one that well..got everyone worked up.
Loner - she did the opposite of everyone else. Couple that with her 10,000 visits to Mrs March and I while we were watching TV. It got to the point where we'd hear the stairs and I'd look to Mrs and say "Ringleader or Loner?" Ringleader was also the snitch of the bunch.

Loner was also throwing toys at our cat. We spoke to her TWICE about it. Its a long story but the cat stays locked up at night and we had her hidden away from the kids (child gate blocking basement door and everything) yet there 10-15 small toys in there on two occasions. Loner would come up and peek in at Mrs and I. I said to Mrs at one time "Why do I have a feeling that if and when those kids fall asleep come 3:15am loner will be standing at our bedroom door?".

For the most part it was "okay" and what I expected by even as 8 year olds they have these "quirks" that someone, somewhere must find charming.

Sat afternoon Little March took a 3.5 hr nap..then went to bed at 730!

So, Sunday night Little March and I did get to see all of High School Musical 2 we do so with pizza and pancakes.

8 Comments:

At Monday, August 20, 2007 9:36:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

Sounds like the girls had a good time. That's what matters, right? So when's the next sleepover? :)

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 9:55:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I thought about you when I saw HSM2 was coming out.

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 12:18:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

We cheated, got a baby sitter, went to the movies and dinner, while the sitter and the young one watched HSM2

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 12:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is classic.

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 1:46:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

I thought more pizza was better. When was the last time we ordered pizza at work by the amount of slices we normally eat?

 
At Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:37:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hello, have been lurking recently since seeing your funny comments at Manic's. Had to come out cause your post made me laugh so hard in sympathy. I've got 3 girls, 8, 6 and 3. My 8 year old wants a sleepover party but I am too mean and selfish to host such an affair. Luckily, she went over to a birthday party/slumber party last weekend where 10 girls were invited and 6 slept over. The next day at 10AM pick up, it looked like a tornado had hit their house (no basement unfortunately) and the parents had that look you see on the faces of people who just walked out of a bad car accident. But the girls had a great time. Wouldn't it be nice to be 8 again?

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:27:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

ello..thanks for stopping over.

I for sure will be REALLY thinking about the next sleepover!

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:08:00 PM , Blogger cubmommy said...

You are an awesome Dad! Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Loner girl sounds a little scary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home