Thursday, January 4, 2007

There is something to be said for...



Global Warming...

I know we should not be celebrating what could really mess up the planet but no snow and temps into the 50's today are pretty easy to stomach. No need to scrape windows, no shovelling...but also now sledding, skiing or outdoor skating. Give a little take a little. We all know its coming (the cold the ice etc) but we will not ease in to it that is for sure. I'll just enjoy it for now.

on a side note. I had a little time today and a stack of Dunkin Donuts gift cards so I decided to stop and get a coffee for the ride in. I dig out my gift card and I was told "We can't take those today". I can swing the price..but its kinda a bummer when you think its gonna be "free" and its not.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:53:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I read an article that this warming isn't necessarily global warming. It's more El Nino. It's supposed to be in the mid 60s here on Saturday. It can stay this way till spring as far as I'm concerned. I still had to scrape my windshield this morning and yesterday morning. It was in the 20s.

WTF?! Dunkin wasn't taking gift cards today?

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:38:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Dunkins took my gift card today.
WTF?!

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:41:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

to the 2 Jens..
El Nino rocks..Dunkies dropped the ball I think because they were doing some remodelling..but not to the card swiper!! WTF for sure.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:46:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

I'm playing golf on Saturday it is going to be near 70! LET THE ICE CAPS MELT, FOOOOOOORE!

Write a letter to DD and demand an explination. You might even get your money back.

I complained to Starbucks one day about the lack of service and they sent me a $25 gift card. Yeah so that got me one coffee but hell it was FREE!

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 11:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...I'll take the warmer weather thanks.

And that Dunkin Donuts thing? That pisses me right off. We have a Starbucks that won't take those pre-paid Starbucks cards. Huh? It's your own company you nitwits.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 7:42:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Starbucks is GREAT for that shit!

They won't take them inside their Barnes and Nobles locations.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 1:39:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

I think that was a great idea (thought up by me of course) to have everyone in the group get you a dunks card

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home