Goals for 2007
Okay some folks hate em..but for some reason I like to do "resolutions". Last year I did
a list but you need to scroll down and find it. Then about 1/2 in to the year I did an update on how I was doing...so here is last years..followed by a short comment then my "goals" for 2007...if you really care that is.
From last year.
1) Go skiing at least one time this year. I used to ski a few times a year. The last few years I have not strapped them on. Sick day is forth coming and a day of skiing is in the cards.
result - nope..didn't make it.
2) Play at LEAST 2 rounds of golf. Not 9 holes either. I was on the golf team in high school. I used to play 2-3 times a month as I "got older" then I stopped cuz who honestly can spend that amount of money and not be around for 4+ hrs on the weekend?!
result - nope...driving range once..mini golf I "think" x2.
3) Portion Control. I use this as an easier method of "dieting". I have started eating better due to higher cholesterol. I could do a lot better. What this all means is I need to order "small". On the rare occasion I order a sub I'll get small. Stuff like that.. Leads to..
result - nope
4) Eating Leftovers. We make a good amount of casseroles and the like at home. Seems like after the first time around it sits, then gets tossed. Which leads to
result - okay out of the gate..but...
5) Brown bagging lunch. If I can do 3 and 4..5 will be easy. I have been good about bagging lunch and I am actually only in the office three days a week now so if I can bag 2 of the days I come to work I'll be in great shape.
result - see above.
6) Kayak at least two times. See #1 and 2. I know I need to make the time but my wife has a new work schedule so buzz off if you think I am just lazy and life isn't just about "ME" all the time.
result - I did this...YAY ME!
7) Drink 64oz of water a day. Note to self..drink it early..cuz the rides home can be LOOOONG.
result -for the most part I did this..barring the last 2 months of year when I was so full of cookies and stuff.
8) Hike Purgatory Chasm and Blue Hill w/my six (well by then 7) year old.
result - Purgatory I did..Blue Hill...here comes 07!
9) Read a book a month. (no not magazines!)
result - again..out of the gate I did okay..but man I am such a horrid reader.
So here are "GOALS for 2007" that I think are realistic..well for me anyway.
1) Portion control. I don't have the will power to out and out "diet" but if I can eat just one serving of things I'll be better off. Baby steps people...
2) Update my Roth IRA to deduct a little more towards retirement.
3) Save more $$. For real. Recent car problems are the spark that have ingnited the "ahh crap its time to buckle down"
4) Take my other blog Forgotten Disc Friday to the next "level". You'll see..this one is already in the works.
5) Hike Blue Hills
with or without the kids!
6) Really look at what I wear and don't wear and DONATE what I don't. Goes for shoes, books etc. I have a closet of shirts and I wear the favorites.
7) Back to #1..if I can control that..I'll have "leftovers" thus I'll brown bag more.
8) Trying not to sweat the small stuff. So blog roller is sucking ass...so blogger is down...tomorrow it might be fine.....
9) Actually learn to eat fruit...its a long story but I just don't eat it..and I need to.
10) Seriously eat like I am a 36 year old..not that I have a steak and cheese for lunch every day....but you get the idea.
11) Stop buying crap I don't need..like one more baseball hat for example. CDs are not included so shut it.....
I think I can do those..might be frugal to most..but my motto is "go easy or don't go at all!".