Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh yeah..I went there.

The company I work for has a pretty relaxed "dress code". Its a little lighter than business casual but not full on flip flops and shorts.

Also, a perk is I get to work from home 2 days a week so my wardrobe at this time need not be huge. Still, I like to find some comfortable casual pants when the time for an update or replacement is needed.

Over the summer while trolling an outlet I stumbled upon a pair of brown cords that actually fit and were nice and comfortable..to boot they had an elastic waist band.

I am officially my father.

Needless to say on the ride home last night after wearing them for the first time I thought about how great my new pants were. The bummer is they were the only pair on the rack. Had they been something I found in a regular department store I'd be headed back to get a rainbow of colors and join the elastic waistband nation!

I definitely have my thanksgiving dinner pants picked out!

(man this post blows)

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:08:00 PM , Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

I have a magnet at home on my fridge - it shows an illustrated woman, 50's style, with an apron and a rolling pin. It says "oh Shit, I've turned into my Mother"....

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:40:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm chuckling at your excitement for elastic-waisted pants. They would come in handy at Thanksgiving though.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:04:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I'm a bit hazy on this "elastic waist" pants thing. Is is a fully on elastic waist like sweats? Or does is at least have a fly and belt loops on it? There is a huge difference between the two, and by knowing which one it is, I can acuratly gage how much I should look down upon you.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:00:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Trish - yep..its happened.

Sharon - That magnet sounds great! haha

Jenny - its the little things.

GT - no there are belt loops..its just allows room for able "swelling of the love handles".

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006 9:22:00 AM , Blogger Kris said...

sad...just sad....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home