Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh yeah..I went there.

The company I work for has a pretty relaxed "dress code". Its a little lighter than business casual but not full on flip flops and shorts.

Also, a perk is I get to work from home 2 days a week so my wardrobe at this time need not be huge. Still, I like to find some comfortable casual pants when the time for an update or replacement is needed.

Over the summer while trolling an outlet I stumbled upon a pair of brown cords that actually fit and were nice and comfortable..to boot they had an elastic waist band.

I am officially my father.

Needless to say on the ride home last night after wearing them for the first time I thought about how great my new pants were. The bummer is they were the only pair on the rack. Had they been something I found in a regular department store I'd be headed back to get a rainbow of colors and join the elastic waistband nation!

I definitely have my thanksgiving dinner pants picked out!

(man this post blows)

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:38:00 AM , Blogger Trish said...

Ha Ha Ha...scary isn't it when we realize that we have become our parents.

For you it was elastic waist pants.

For me it was sensible shoes.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:08:00 PM , Blogger Sharon S said...

I have a magnet at home on my fridge - it shows an illustrated woman, 50's style, with an apron and a rolling pin. It says "oh Shit, I've turned into my Mother"....

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:40:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm chuckling at your excitement for elastic-waisted pants. They would come in handy at Thanksgiving though.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:04:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I'm a bit hazy on this "elastic waist" pants thing. Is is a fully on elastic waist like sweats? Or does is at least have a fly and belt loops on it? There is a huge difference between the two, and by knowing which one it is, I can acuratly gage how much I should look down upon you.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:00:00 PM , Blogger March to the Sea said...

Trish - yep..its happened.

Sharon - That magnet sounds great! haha

Jenny - its the little things.

GT - no there are belt loops..its just allows room for able "swelling of the love handles".

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006 9:22:00 AM , Blogger Kris said...

sad...just sad....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home