Monday, August 14, 2006

Stuff..with no clear direction.

**some cute kid stuff in here so you have been warned**

Thursday I went out with some co-workers to celebrate a woman transferring to another group. I had 2 drinks, chilled then headed home. When I got home at about 9:45 Mrs. March said that little march was still awake and wanted to talk to me. So I headed upstairs and we chatted. At about 10, which was way past her bed time, I said "I need to eat some dinner". Little March said "Did you eat dinner?"! I said "No, I just had 2 drinks". Her response "Well that was not a very good dinner dad".

The company I work for has this massive family picnic every summer (its so big they have to do it over 2 days). Nothing beats the look on your kids face when they seem "amusement rides" and they ask "how many tickets are these rides? and you can say "Zero tickets..you just keep riding". The look on the faces of the Marches makes it all worth it. Walk up to a popcorn vendor and just grab, same with Fried Dough, drinks, icecream. As an adult I lose control....

Littlest March has a b'day later this month but due to time we had 2 b'day parties for him this weekend. The first was a b'day with his buddies then later was one with my parents and brothers etc.

We got a moonbounce that I set up Friday evening and the kids bounced until 10pm. We busted out some glo-sticks a little after 9. The kids went wild. Saturday the kids bounced probably all told 6hrs+ over the 2 parties. Best 100.00 spend it a long LONG time.

Littlest March got a play weedwhacker for his b'day. If the thing really worked i'd have the trimiest of the trim lawns anywhere ever.

Sorry the post is lame..but I got nuttin really. I am on vacation too starting tomorrow at 6pm...so I'll try to "bring it" then.

5 Comments:

At Monday, August 14, 2006 11:45:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

I love your little March stories!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 2:18:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Wow! You throw one great kids party! You should do it for adults!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 4:20:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I want to work where you do!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:05:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

great stories, march. my youngest also loves - although he's kind of growing out of them - (and they have to be john deere or he has no interest) the weedwhacker, wagon, tractor/frontloader, lawn mover, leaf blower. he would be in the yard for hours and would follow behind me (or other neighbors) with his lawn mower while i was cutting the grass.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:40:00 AM , Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

Isn't it great March???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home