Wednesday, August 9, 2006

few short things this fine morning..

1. Little March and I decided to go out for breakfast today. It was delish. During breakfast there was a story on the Fox News Channel about this mom/grandma team that had their 10 year olds rob a store while they distracted the clerks etc. One of them told the kids what to grab for example.

In what I come to expect from Fox they have a guy come on and say "Well for the first time ever kids in a mall are actually not running all over the place and they are listening to their parents so I guess that is a good thing".

2. Had to get to camp "early" today because all kids are getting screened for Lice. Yes you read that right..lice. All the councilors are at the curb w/rubber gloves. It was horrid..but this is one exam you MUST pass..and yes..she did.

3. On my way back home I was on my usual news channel and there was an ad for the Home Depot. Just so you are aware it is un-p.c. to say "snow blower" now I guess. The home depot wants to let you know they are stocking up on snow THROWERS.

So from this point on do men need to ask for a...ahh forget it.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:26:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Leave it to FOX. Why the hell are they calling it a snow thrower? Why can't we leave well enough alone?

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:52:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

There's a country song I like that talks about remembering when "A screw was just a screw and the wind was all that blew..." LOL

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:29:00 AM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

This must be where the origin of "hummer" came from... I will now have to ensure that my requests to the hot Swedish chicks are politically correct...

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throwjob just doesn't sound right.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes
Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:52:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

unless things have changed, a snow thrower and a snow blower are two different pieces of equipment.

snow blowers are big and loud and can clear 3 feet of snow off of your driveway.

snow throwers are smaller and weaker and can clear 3 inches of snow off of your front walk. kind of like the p*ssy version of the snow blower.

by the way, i have a snow blower...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home