Monday, July 31, 2006

Not too bad....

*** could be a dull sappy post you have been warned ***

Weekend was good. Friday I drove home and the sky opened up as I rounded the bend to home. Crazy how hard it rained but within 30 minutes the sun was out. As soon as I got home Mrs. March said that she had to leave..she needed to get to the bookstore? That was odd.

The little marches and I played and Mrs arrived home with a 6 pack of Newcastle Brown Ale and some Chinese Food. Ohhh yeah..we dined and it was great.

The kids were jonzing to help me open my b'day presents (waiting a full day kills older march). They dove in and I am not even sure I opened a single thing but they had fun. Got the new
Miles Davis cd box set (well this was from the mother in law). A
book I have wanted for a pretty long time. The BBC Version of The Office on DVD, an outdoor clock for the patio and some shirts. Wrapped it all up with some cake! Good times indeed.

Saturday it was very hot so we laid low for a bit. The little ones splashed in our inflatable pool, I hung up my clock and sat on the patio. For the first time in what felt like weeks I had NOTHING I needed or even wanted to do. I ended up returning some bottles and cans but that was it. We ate lunch and then went to a pond the town over from us. It was a the best time. Water was clear and warm and the kids had a great time. Little March and I put on masks and "dove for cool rocks" for what seemed like hours. It was great. We swam to the dock and little march was a little creeped out by all the fish kinda "hanging out" but she got over it quick by a battery of cannon balls off the front of the dock. Littlest March and i dug holes and splashed on the water edge too. Dinner and icecream later it was one heck of a good weekend.

Sunday we again hung out then hit the
children's Museum in Providence. Its not huge, but we killed at least 2hrs there. Good times indeed. Arrived back home, played in the pool some, and then cleaned up to get ready for the week. We spent a little time in the playroom working on a great
GeoTrax train set up. We have most of it all connected and the Marches love to sit and watch the trains loop around.

Ended the weekend with a slice of cake and a little bit of Shark Week.

Kick ass weekend.

6 Comments:

At Monday, July 31, 2006 10:26:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

I hope that someday, I'll be able to just kick my feet up on a Saturday and relax with my wife and kids. Nice post my friend.

 
At Monday, July 31, 2006 11:37:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Happy birthday! Awesome presents...

 
At Monday, July 31, 2006 11:58:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Sounds awesome... Happy Birthday!

 
At Monday, July 31, 2006 1:51:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Happy belated! That post sort of made me want to have kids soon, but then I snapped back into reality. Thanks! :)

 
At Monday, July 31, 2006 4:25:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Very nice post indeed! Happy Birthday! You are a truly lucky man.

 
At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:55:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

miles davis from your mother-in-law, nice work by her!!

i've been wanting to read that book, too. hope you comment on it when you're done.

sounds like a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home