Wednesday, August 2, 2006

All Over the Place today....

I am ALL over the place today...sorry.

First - Okay its hot today..we get it. People need to stop saying "its 1000 degrees outside" or flat out bitching about it. Remember this come February when it hardly gets over 12. Shut your pie hole, turn on a fan and RELAX. Its okay to do NOTHING when it is hot. The media also has pointers like "Drink lots of water and don't re-asphalt your roof during the mid-day hours". Ho-lee-crap. STOP. Are people that dumb?

On to the next thing.

Last night I played hockey. Great game. Had 2 goals and 2 assists. Then a cold beer in the locker room after. Good times. Headed home and had a snack and flipped around w/the remote to unwind.

Stopped by Letterman first. Caught a segment by the guys that put Mentos in Diet coke and then came back to catch Broken Social Scene. They were great and I need to re-visit that cd. I think there were 11 people on stage as well. I then headed back up the channels and landed on Leno just in time to catch Wolfmother do "Woman". Not too bad. The end was a little better honestly. I flipped over to Jimmy Kimmel but for some reason that channel was going in and out. I still love his monologues tho. Finally I watched what I thought was going to be just the intro to Conan. His first guest was none other than Will Ferrell. I am not sure this will pop up on You Tube (since NBC patrols that site pretty well) but the highlights

1) Ferrell in an SNL "cheerleaders" shirt that he bought in the NBC Gift shop. He commented on how much $$ he gets for each shirt sold (Zero)

2) The Ninja attack. I am not sure if I was overtired or what..but three ninjas came out and attacked Will and Conan. They fought them and "killed them" and had to cut to commercial.

3) Will saying that his new 2 year old has introduced him to stuff like Barney and the Wiggles so he was going to become a childrens singer. The name of his band was Captain something and the banana pants. (Capt ?? it escapes me). HE did a song called Mac and Cheese with kids around him. He pretty much said
I love mac and cheese
I have to ask my mom please
I eat it on the seas

The kids boo...kick him in the shins and he calls them bastards. I need to find this as I am giggling like a fool right now.

Second to last - ever need a new outlook on things..take a 7 year old out for donuts and sit there and talk.

Finally. I can hear Dim and Hotwires heads explode right about now

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:48:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I hate the news with their stupid-ass tips on keeping cool. Turn on your AC. Holy crap! I never thought of that! Thanks, guys!

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:05:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

The heat doesn't really bother me, but my girlfriend wont shut the hell up when it gets over 85 degrees. I need the AC for my own sanity. Unfortunatly the AC at my house craped out last night. We have no idea when the repair dude will come and fix it. Thank God she's at work right now.

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i walk around in the summertime saying "how about this heat?"

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:13:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

AOL has the Pirate Clip up right now.

And it is hot! WAYYYYY to friggin' hot!

Blow me!

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:52:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Jenny - 100% agree. Its hot we get it.

Fresh - i hear you but think of days like this when you are under 12 sweaters...its all you can do.

GTooth - amen bro. Just bite yer tounge!

KP- that rules..A+ leary reference

Annoyned -linkage my brother?

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:57:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

http://television.aol.com/franchise/top5.adp

 
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:07:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

i'm with you on the heat thing (sorry fresh and annoyed). what you will hear me bitch about is the cold. no such thing as 'too hot' but there is such a thing as 'too cold'.

simpson doing griffin. at least when the dixie chicks do her tunes they do a great job. jessica needs to stop singing altoghether. just stand there and look good and i'll be OK.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home