Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am not here to fight...

Last night I made it a point to watch .30 Days. This is the show from the guy that did Super Size Me(rent it asap if you have not). The idea for the show is the same, people doing things for 30 days. The season is only 6 episodes long and I have missed the first 2 so far so I really wanted to tune in.

Per then norm the topic will divide people almost right down the middle. Barring last night when the idea was to put a woman that was an atheist in to a devoutly Christian Family.

The biggest thing I took from this episode is there needs to be more tolerance. Both sides were very civil towards one another but you can see the Christian side getting a little more upset that this woman did not believe in a higher power. I have to give credit to the wife on the Christian side. I think she let the atheist woman speak and had the attitude of "whatever" but not in a pissy sense. I think she listened and (at least the way it was edited) seemed to listen and not judge her. In the end she said "She was a mom that loved her kids and husband and that is what is important to her, and she is good at it".

Religion is a tricky subject. Each person has their own choice and that is what makes America so great. Tolerance is what people need. If you want to believe in Jesus so be it. If you want to worship a dead alien, so be it. Why do I care? If people would just mind their own business on things like this we would be a whole lot better off.

Every major war has been over 2 things. Land and Religion. It makes no sense to me that you'd want to shoot someone because they don't believe in the same thing(s) you do. ZERO SENSE. Read what you want, listen to what you want, worship how you see fit just don't impose it on others when they are not asking.

I know I am treading dangerous ground here. That being said do NOT leave a comment trying to sway me one way or the other, cuz I don't care what you think and I am not forcing my views on you.. I challenge you to find a portion of this post where I said one way is better than the other.

FX is running a marathon of the series on Saturday starting at noon eastern.

And since we are talking about all this, I stumbled upon this. Take it for what it is. (bizzare?!)

I'm done..back to farts and stuff tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:54:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

All right March, that read as one of your most passionate and heated posts. I liked it. I always feel funny putting myself out there in my blog, and expressing anysort of moral view. I'd say you did a good job keeping it neutral.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:57:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

hey man..thanks..

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:20:00 PM , Blogger Greg said...

maybe it's time to let your readers know that i actually wrote this post.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 6:55:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

personally , i don't give a crap what anyone else believes. where i do get pissed off is when people have the arrogance (in the name of evangelism) to ram their own brand of theology down the throats of everyone else, when they, perhaps, don't even have it right themselves (falwell, robertson, and the rest of the far religious right).

reminds me of two quotes.
"all religions are real" - i think this is atributed to one of the gandhis
"we do not need churches because they will teach us to quarrell about God" - i believe this was fromn sitting bull.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:41:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

I wish I would have seen that episode. I did see the one where they lived on minimum wage for 30 days and it was so sad. I think I'm very ignorant as to what goes on in our world.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:57:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

I absolutely hate to see those religious idiots acting that way on TV. I am a church-attending Christian, and I would NEVER, EVER act that way to a non-believer. There's just no excuse. In fact, it would be a non-issue between me and anyone who believed something different - they're allowed to believe whatever they want, without fear of judgement from Christians or anyone else. Hating them for it is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

That Garfield strip was creepy as all hell. What do you think was the point? To give comic-readers a massive case of the heebie-jeebies? Sheesh.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 10:12:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

sage - sorry man..even you were shocked it was me.

hot - I agree. I think on some levels the "over the top" evangelists make it even worse.

b - tune in..wednesdays at 10 on FX. Season 1 is available on DVD as noted.

rusty - welcome home..sounds like you got out of europe at the right time!

fresh - thanks for that quote..its a mindscrambler eh?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home