Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pretty sure the tires are officially "fallen off".

If you live in New England its pretty hard to escape the local sports teams. Even the casual of casual fans these days can name at least one player on the Red Sox for example.

As of late (hell all of August) the team has been in an epic of sorts downward spiral. The team has not even won 10 games in the month and they are riddled with injuries.

After yesterdays loss the tires have really fallen off the party wagon. The college girls are putting away their Wakefield shirts and pink Red Sox hats. Fans are now saying they won't go to the games, and if they do, they will boo.

Ahh Boston, way to go.

The first thing people like myself are saying about the losing streak: Now maybe I can get a ticket for a game. The Red Sox have sold out the last 250+ games. They also have the highest ticket prices in all of Baseball. Earlier this season you needed to know someone that knew someone just to get tickets for a game vs. Tampa Bay. Now ticket holders are scrambling just to sell for "face".

Its a game people. I like it when we win too, but I don't let it take over my life.

So as the season winds down and couch coaches get cramps in their fingers from pointing out all the flaws I sit and I smile out of the side of my mouth and I can finally say "Now you know what it is like to be a Bruins fan.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, there's always next year. My Wakefield shirt will be pressed and ready to go!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:14:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh I miss baseball we dont get it here in Australia instead we get cricket where they can play for days and no one wins!! whats up with that!!


RR

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 7:03:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I haven't been to a game since '04, and see this terrbile season as a chance to get tickets over the next month of so. I stoped caring after the Yankee's series. I have never seen the team fall apart like this before.

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:02:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

my youngest son an i are still glued to the sox games (and not just because tina cervasio is hot) becaus maybe there's a small chance they could win. but no, papelbon leaves with an injury last night, so it may.be.over.

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:52:00 PM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

grooooooooan.

At least they can't take 2004 away from us. Can they?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home