Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An open letter to the media


*image Rob Rogers, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pennsylvania

Hello.
My name is March to the Sea and I watch TV and listen to the radio. I'd like to ask that you stop covering this Jean Benet Ramsey story. You have nothing to tell us and have nothing to tell us since the "arrest" was made.

You have done nothing to sway the public that "suspect" is innocent. Correct me if I am wrong but don't folks get a trial? The images you choose to show make the dude flat out creepy. The fact he had wine on the plane angers folks. Guess what, people drink, some folks too much. In a 15 hr flight he had 3 drinks...and lets face it..Champagne really is not a drink.

Its a shame it has to take the murder of a child for you folks to care about the exploitation of children.

Its time to move on.

March

ps - i am not defending this guy at all. He looks guilty to me and crimes against kids go a mile up my arse. I am just tired of the constant coverage of what he ate and drank on a 15 hr flight..Seriously! I watched the late news and we had to get "expert commentary" on why he was fed. Ummmmmm cuz he was hungry?

end rant.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:31:00 PM , Blogger jenni said...

Amen!

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:49:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Don't blame the media, blame the people who watch...if it didn't get ratings it wouldn't be there.

If it bleeds it leads!

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:37:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I know! I don't need an inch-by-inch run down of this guy's trip back to the states.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:42:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

I don't think he did it. He is the biggest media whore of them all.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with you and all the others, and pog I dont think he did it either he's just playing it so he didnt get stuck in a Bangok jail

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:20:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

out of nothing but pure laziness i'll use the same response on this situation as i did on fresh's post:

i'm with you on the jonbenet ramsey crap.

i.don't.give.a.shit.period.

although my take one why this is 'news' is a bit different. i don't think that it's meant to take anyone's mind off of anything else, i think it's because 95% of people are stupid and are glued to this crap and ratings are a lot higher than when the boradcasting companies show this garbage than when they show something that actually matters.

Let me save the news channels some time:
j.b. ramsey - her mother did it.
n. holloway - her mother f'ed up the investigation.
e. smart - her father was somehow involved.
s. peterson - put him to death.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home