Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oh man..what have I done?

**again kinda family content but you may laugh, or at least feel my pain**

If you have a child, or niece/nephew/neighbor (or if you teach on the elementary school level) chances are if I say "Get your head in the game..go WILDCATS" 80% of them will know this line is from the massive (its crazy trust me) Disney Channel original movie High School Musical. For those of you not in the know its pretty much a tamer/yet modern version of Grease. Its harmless, its got good values and the soundtrack has outsold rap albums this year.

Anyhow, the guy that directed HSM (thats High School Musical don't cha know) has completed his next project TheCheetah Girls 2. It will be on later this month. Little March is the perfect target demographic for this yet again and she is ready to explode with excitement. (remember when this is all it took, we should all be this excited!).

Sundays Paper rolls in and in the flyers are an Ad for the CG2 soundtrack. If you get it at Target you can get a pre-sale password to try and get tickets to see the Cheetah Girls in concert. To 99% of all grow-ups this is hell on earth I am sure, but lets remain focused...its NOT ABOUT YOU! So, on my way to work I run in to Target grab the cd and then settle in to work. I had checked yesterday and it seems that the concert will be in Providence on a Sunday afternoon in October. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

I get my password I get in to Ticketmaster and I hit refresh..then it pops up.

Requeted 2
Selected "Best Available"
Hit Enter.
Enter hieroglyphics technical security code.
searching....searching....searching..
results.

Section 2. Row B. Ho-lee-CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP. Its only gonna be half the Dunkin Donuts Center (really its the name) but I just landed 2nd freaking row.

Part of me wanted to avoid "floor" seats because if you are too far back they'd never be able to see. I was telling Dim my tale and how if this was something i wanted tickets to I'd be in the nosebleeds wrestling with a 9.50 per ticket handling fee. A few years ago Little March and I went to see an ice show, and without even asking/trying I got tickets basically on the ice. Little March shook Cinderllas hand for goodness sake. Its hard getting "decent seats" because as adults, we know that they are usually hard to get and a lot more money. I can only hope that as she gets older she understands that stuff like this usually is not the norm but for one rockin night in October she won't care.

As an added bonus, one of the "stars" of HSM is going to be the opening act. Man this is gonna be a scream fest!!!

Now, some of you may be saying "what are you doing?!" and that "You need her to get to listen to the important music". First, most of the American people like American Idol so none of you are allowed to tell me what is "good or not good"...My second response is only "Let them be kids". Hey if she wants to listen to Miles Davis, hell I'll be right there with her. Did you listen to what your parents listened to? Probably not. Sure, she may look back in 10-12 years and say "boy that was really bad". Let them be kids. Take them out of that Ramones t-shirt and let them wear Hello Kitty.

Mrs March and I are gonna have to play a rock paper scissors tournament to see who gets to go. (wish me luck!)

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:59:00 AM , Blogger Kris said...

"I am guilty of always feeling that need to entertain my kids. It feels like we always need to be going some where and doing something, but days like this make you realize, you really don't."

Ha! Reason 9,9999 why I'm very happy to not have cable! I have no idea what you are talking about.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:25:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

We all listened to crap when we were kids. For me it was the New Kids on the Block, Debbie (sorry, Deborah) Gibson, and Tiffany.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:26:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Isn't music like food a little? you start with the sugary and sweet and your taste becomes more adult for things like marmalade and smoked salmon. Little march should have so much fun at the sugar stage!

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:18:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

for your sake i hope you win the game of rock, paper scissors. HSM is great for the kids (and i know all the wildcat breakdown dance moves) and i'm sure cg2 will be as well.

lucky dog.

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:19:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

hotwire..you know the moves..damn..thats impressive.

I hope i win too!!

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:52:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

it took a lot of practice, but it makes me the coolest dad around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home