Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend and stuff.

Saturday: Mrs March and the kids are headed out of town. They are going to see Mrs. Marches family for the week. Long story as to why I am not going and its not juicy (I actually like my in-laws). Call it "saving vacation time for the holidays" if you must. I dropped them at the airport and then began to run errands. I had to hit Target and Home Depot (Bed Bath and Beyond if there is time...). I went to Barnes and Noble to get my hockey fantasy guide, grabbed some new garage shelves at the Depot. Ran in to Newbury Comics and even though I had a gift card from my birthday I still managed somehow to drop over 60.00. Then it was to Best Buy to FINALLY get Sirius and so far I like it. I got the boombox and I am kinda not that impressed with the difficulty in getting a signal. Even though the antenna is 100 feet long. I just can't and don't want wires all over the place. Once its set in the car I am sure I will be good to go. When I worked in the garage this weekend I had it on. The little I have listened I really like. I was able to toss the kayak in the water for a quick paddle in the late afternoon.

Saturday night I went to a party. The party started at 8 and yes..I was there at 8:20 and I was the "first to arrive". I guess having kids you are ready to go an make sure you are on time. They were fine about it, we had a drink and started in on the snacks. The party got pretty good. It was cool out so there was more people inside but I tired to hang out on the porch and it was fine for me.

I was one of, if not the oldest guy there and its always fun to watch people party. They are good at it! My only issue is/was with the music. Its not my party etc and what have you but after a while rap/dance music gets REALLY old. It was getting to be 12:30am and the music was still f'ing too loud. I'd walk past the stereo and turn it down a scant. WTF people might have to go to work tomorrow? Dunno. Call me old. Music gets people going but come 12 where are the stoners and the bean bag chairs with Dark Side of the Moon playing? Time to mellow out folks! hahaha.

Sunday: I got up and was pretty clear headed. I made some coffee and read the paper (well the stuff I read). I realized I wanted to get the Kayak back in the water so I changed and headed out. I paddled a river not too far from me for close to 1 hr. My shoulders were feeling it and it really looked like it was going to rain. I got the boat out, up on the loser cruiser (aka the mini van) I closed the door and it started to open up..it rained HARD for a bit, but it rained off and on the rest of the day/night.

I came home and realized I needed to get to the recycle center to dump off yard waste and it closed at 2..so I needed to rush. Got home, showered and decided I'd do "nothing". I watched Wolf Creek. It was moderate at best. I was going to meet KK for dinner. KK is moving out of state so it was our last chance to hang. Few beers and food and I headed home. I cleaned up some and decided to watch my other horror flick High Tension. I liked this one better, some great gore. Hit the hay soon after.

Oh..i had my first hit to this blog from Africa. Now I need the North and South Poles!!

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 28, 2006 7:10:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:40:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend, congrats on your 1st hit from the African Continent.... :)


RR

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:01:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

congrats on the sirius radio, you are going to love it. have fun surfing the channels finding a bunch you like - there are a lot of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home