Wednesday, July 5, 2006

That was a long weekend...*edit re:sunburn*

Had a grand old time the last few days. The worst part of it all was the freaking sunburn I got Sunday though. Oh man. When am I ever going to learn that me and my albino skin need some lotion? I can hardly raise my hands any higher than my shoulders, so my flapping my arms like a bird is out of the question today.

**a few people have emailed me or IM'd etc..and said "What about sunscreen". I forgot to mention I was alone w/the 2 kids. Try to get a 7 year old or a 4 year old to slather lotion on dads hairy back while water is 10 feet from them...good luck and let me know your secret.

We only saw fireworks in passing this weekend. Littlest March was not too sure on them, and by the time they are ready around us we are pushing 90 minutes post his bed time. We tried to watch a little of them on TV w/older March but she was wiped out. It was the Boston Pops Concert. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith were the "special guests" for the national part of the broadcast. I am not gonna candy coat this, the 2 songs I saw them do were horrid. Its really time to pack it up guys. Awful.

We went to a lake a few miles from us and it was actually really pretty nice. Good to know you can find some clean water to swim in and have it be a scant over 10.00 for the whole family. It was a "trial run" but I think we will be back.

Mrs. March noted that it was interesting to see what people feel comfortable in. I am sure you all see it at a beach, town pool or whatever. People leaving little to the imagination and its NEVER the person(s) that should be doing so. I am not one to talk trust me but I do know that a banana hammock is not the way to go....ever.

One final thing I wanted to add...

I am sure you have all heard some car go by your home with the radio super loud. The bass "kicking" and what have you. Why, why why is it never a song I like?

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:09:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am sure you have all heard some car go by your home with the radio super loud. The bass "kicking" and what have you. Why, why why is it never a song I like?"

I know the feeling, it's because those people are morons :-)

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:02:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE the bass "kicking"

I've noticed that it's very often a single guy in the car, OR a group of guys.

Hey boys.. wonder WHY you are out with the boys on Saturday night?

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:09:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I hate when people think they're all cool with their bass kicking and their trunk is rattling because they have a shitty set-up.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:00:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

I agree with Jenny G in that usually the sound system blows. I'd just like to add that it usually is the worst car ever as well.

However, considering the fact that you listen to pretty much everything, I don't understand why you haven't heard a song that you do like. Perhaps they are all blaring the same song?

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:24:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

Re: Bass kicking.

When I get my new "whip" I'll a ride up that way blasting some a'cappella Jeff Buckley at 4am. Because that's going to sound like shit, and I'm in the mood to wake up small marches, and freak out mrs. march.

Re: People in swim wear that is just wrong.

I feel your pain. I think half the time I spend with my girlfriend in public we are busy pointing out people in inappropriate clothing to each other. It's petty and superficial, but oh so goddamn funny.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:58:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

i have to agree with jenny. the songs, although you are right that they always suck, would sound a bit better if they were being played on something that is not the equivalent of a clock radio on 10.

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:03:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

The cops in Vegas just killed a guy who had the music bumping too loud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home