Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Random stuff...

Few quick things.

March is here and besides it being my least favorite month of the year (no holidays, no birthdays) and just crappy awful weather. I wish I could hibernate and just miss this month. I'd be a better person.

One of the things I hate is March Madness. Here is Massachusetts we have four major sports teams so college sports are really REALLY a back burner story in on the nightly news. Sure the BC Eagles are ranked in the top 15 even right now but you'd be hard pressed to find someone that can name a player, has been to a game or just honestly cares. So today I got asked "do you want to do a march madness bracket". I freaking HATE those. So stupid. People call me stupid for playing the lottery yet they can't wait for their "brackets". Suddenly you need to pick a winner out of 64 teams you know NOTHING about. Hmmm let me see Gonzaga or Wake Forest? Oh I'll pick the team with the better uniforms. What sucks is how it starts in March and ends in freaking April. March Madness..that is what you get when F'ing CSI gets pre-empted for freaking basketball. On top of it being my least favorite of the major sports it just has to be so "there".

Today is Ash Wednesday. For the non-Catholics this is the kick off of the Lent "season" which ends on Easter Sunday. Catholics are not supposed to eat meat on Fridays and "give something up". The idea really is to do something that will make you a better person. Lots of folks give up chocolate for example. Not sure what I want to do, since I am already perfect.

Finally, there was a story on the radio today that a study was done and it was found that *shocker* people knew more about the Simpsons than they did about the Bill of Rights. I'll be one to admit that if I was asked trivia questions on either subject I too would choose the Simpsons. So, I decided I'd take a refresher visit perhaps you would like to as well. You can check out the Bill of Rights

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:07:00 AM , Blogger Dim said...

Aw, man, I couldn't disagree more. March Madness is a great time of year and exactly for the reasons you said it is not.

You don't need to know anything about basketball or who's playing to play (and win) those office pools. Why do you think that often, the winners are some guy's wife who did "eenie, meenie, miney, moe" to pick the winners?

The great thing is that any team can knock out any team in the tournament. I'm not even a big basketball fan and I LOVE March Madness.

And it has nothing to do with me winning $400 two years ago.

Go Tar Heels!

- D.

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:15:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

Um, March? Isn't it a little ironic that you hate the month of March? I know your blogger name has nothing to do with the calendar (although I really have no clue what it IS a reference to, sorry), it's still funny to hear how much you dislike it. Personally, I hate January and February, and we're out of the woods on those now, thankfully.

Don't know what to give up since you're already perfect, huh? As long as you don't give up blogging, we're okay. :)

I know a lot of things about a lot of things (mostly stupid stuff - I'm usually really good at silly trivia games), but I don't know a lot about the Bill of Rights. I'll need that refresher course, too. I would absolutely know more about the Simpsons, but I'm not one of those morons on Jaywalking who doesn't know the president's name. The Bill of Rights just doesn't interest me, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home