Friday, February 24, 2006

So good yet so so bad..

Awww yeah. Off Neflix the other day I added and moved to the top of my queue "Challenge of the Superfriends". It arrived last night and I watched the 4 episodes all in a row. It was like Saturday morning 1978-79 all over again. I should have had my footie PJs on w/a huge bowl of sugar laced cereal to really have a blast, but alas I did not.

While watching I realized how awesomely bad it was as well. I guess when you are 8 years old you believe that when the Legion of Doom headed by Lex Luthor captures "Liquid Light" (which is sunlight in liquid form)they can unleash the horror on earth, but in the right hands (aka the US Government) it could be the cure for the worlds energy problems. My favorite part of that particular episode was how the scientist goes on to say that Liquid Light will dissolve all but certain things, as he pours some of it over a steel beam in a glass bowl. The beam GONE, the bowl fine. Awesome stuff.

The four episodes spanned just about 80 minutes and it was great GREAT fun honestly. Do you remember the zooming lights and the cool effect noise when they had to go from the Hall of Justice to Legion of Doom? That sound I want as my ringtone.

Finally some of my favorite lines and observations:
- Best computer message - "The Trouble Alert" on the Hall of Justice monitor
- Best line repeated - "Great Hera!" (wonder woman)
- Oddest look to the future - the legion of doom just about topples a building in NYC that looks like the World Trade Center.
- Lamest "anitvenom" of a superhero - Green Lantern can't do anything to anything that is yellow. Huh?
- Superhero I don't get - Apache chief (and I am not "profiling either)
- villain I don't get - Solomon Grundy
- Thing that most closely resembles Darth Vader - The legion of Doom fortress.

I wanted to load up this post with tons of pictures but there was a site that already did this..come, join me
here

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:14:00 PM , Blogger Greg said...

Solomon Grundy was the eponymous character of the 19th century "riddle" poem:

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end
Of Solomon Grundy.

The supervillain was give that name due to the fact that when he was first found after rising from the swamp he could only remember that "he was born on Monday".

Apparantly he is a zombie-like creature with incredible strngth and limited intelligence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home