Thursday, February 23, 2006

Few quick things..

I am sure most of you Office lovers know that they are featured in/on the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly. The article is good in that it talks about the "angelas and oscars" of The Office as well. Its amazing how many cast members are also writers for the show.

A co-worker sent me this google video file of a 12 year old doing a drum solo. I always am amazed with children that are very good at things. Not because they are "children" either, but for the fact they stick with something and don't seem bored. 12 seems to be a little more "okay" to me as well, its when I see these 4 year olds that can play Mozart that gets me wondering. I have a 3.5 year old and although he will sit and hammer on a piano given the chance after about 5 minutes we are on to the next thing. When I was growing up 4th grade was when the school offered "band" and that is when I started and I loathed it at first, but played all the way thru highschool. I am sure when these kids first start out they hated going to lessons or what have you, and if the parents take it more seriously than the kids then its REALLY an issue. Its just amazing how competent this kid was. I said to the co-worker that I hope this kid finds equally as talented folks to create music with.

1 Comments:

At Friday, February 24, 2006 7:35:00 AM , Blogger Greg said...

regarding kids and music, i think it's how it's presented to them. if it's something like, "every friday you've got to have lessons" while your mates are out playing with bicycles, then they quickly loathe it. but if the kid requests it, they tend to see it as more fun than anything else.

and geniuses... well, everything i've read shows that they learn DESPITE any obstacles or roadblocks set in their way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home