Tuesday, February 14, 2006

WTF.?

Last night we took our 7 year old out to dinner at Applebees for her birthday. Sure its not the greatest but its what she wanted to do. We go about 6pm and get a table and sure enough my 3 year old decides to loudly tell his sister where he wants to sit. After 20 or so seconds of "cooling it" we sit down. I hear the table behind us mutter "oh god here we go". What?! What?! Asshat its fucking APPLEBEES...at 6pm...on a Monday.

I am not saying my kids are perfect but they are pretty well behaved in restaurants (we'd never go if they acted up). Trust me as a parent we hate screaming kids or what have you just as much as the rest of you. The motto you have once you have kids though is "Hey they can scream all they want as long as its not my kid screaming".

That was the only issue..a 20 second "I want to sit there". 10 minutes later the guy behind us is crankin about how long its taking for his bill to arrive so I just figured this guy is a tool.

Then an older couple come and sit next to us. We are eating..kids are quiet/happy and the older man says as they sit "I hope I don't have to get the duct tape" He said it (perhaps kiddingly (is that a word?) but still. My kids were eating!!! They were not doing anything but eating. Again..its Applebees..on a f'ing MONDAY NIGHT!!!

Barring all that they still came out and clapped and did their silly song and my 7 year old gushed red and L-O-V-E-D it. That is all that matters.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:31:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Not even I get annoyed at kids at a loud place like Applebee's, unless they're literally screaming.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:04:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

I admit that I get annoyed at kids who are misbehaving, but come on, I deal with kids on a daily basis - it takes a lot longer than 20 seconds to warrant a comment from me. And at Applebee's, it's usually so loud that I wouldn't notice anyway. I get more pissed off at the actual attitude of the kid - just regular 3-year-old stuff is perfectly okay and normal, but when I hear 9 and 10 year olds bitching and whining about stuff, that's what really bothers me.

I guess there are just a lot of assholes in your community that eat at Applebee's on a Monday night!

I'm glad your daughter still totally enjoyed everything. That's what it's about, anyway. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home