Thursday, November 10, 2005

Startin' sometin....

Its getting to be late in the year and I need to get started working on my "favorite records of the year". Its a little thing that a co-worker and I started a few years ago (sheesh 8 or 9 years ago now?) just something fun.

I won't start by saying what I think is gonna make it or not. I put the new Fiona Apple cd in the changer and I really really like this record. Rumor has it the botched album sessions may come out in 2006. I am not sure why I like her, or why I should dislike her.

I have been reading a lot about The Magic Numbers as of late so I decided I'd hit amazon to grab it. (since freaking newbury comics closed near me). I love it when the press gets it right. This is band made up of 2 sets of brother/sisters. From the first song I knew it was a good purchase. I love it when I find, or when music finds me. Awesome.

Last night I went to get my haircut and on the ride home I was bouncing around the dial and I landed on Mike Fm. Its our local "ipod shuffle" station. This station does the trick nine times out of ten for me. Where else can a play list look like this?

Michael Jackson - Wanna be startin somethin
AC/DC - Highway to hell
REM - Everybody Hurts
KC and the Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes
Go Go's - Head over heels.

The only down side was the MJ tune was the "radio edit" and we didn't get the extended chorus. I was ready to jam along w/MJ but they went over to AC/DC. REM slowed it down but the recent episode of the Office had Dwight in his car being all sad to it. I am an REM fan anyhow so I didn't mind.

I think thats it..have a grand day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home