Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Hmmm

I heard a story on the radio yesterday and it got me thinking. The story was about this web page called esmokes or something like that. People could buy smokes on line and have them sent to their homes.

First it is not my place to tell you what to do with your money and your body. On top of that I am not even going to make this a pro/con anything just an observation.

So this web site is closing and as part of them shutting down they decide that they will give or sell the names of buyers here in MA and the state is going after these people for tax evasion! Are they freaking kidding me?! Does that mean when I buy something on ebay that is new will I be "hunted down" for not paying taxes on the items. One of the things that bugs me is how the cigarette companies are blamed for everything it seems. Again I am not saying good or bad about them but why do they need to pay all these fines and educate people. Come on its 2005 for god sake. The government is so quick to say "Don't smoke" but they won't take them away from people. Why? They tax the living hell out of them. Here in MA a name brand smoke is close to $6.00 per pack. If you smoke you understand the risks. Just put a disclaimer on them saying smoke em at your own risk (which they do). Please don't say "oh second hand smoke" that is not what I am talking about. Here in MA you can only smoke outside as it is. All this coming from a guy that doesn't smoke!

On a lighter note I saw this article in rolling stone. Its cost him about $10,000 to build and shoot. Hey as long as you are committed right? Check it out


legobible

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:36:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

those people should be busted for not paying the taxes! their health problems put a massive burden on the state and by avoiding the taxes they are not paying their fair share. also, this has nothing to do with blaming cigarette companies for anything. if you are going to smoke, know the risks and pay for the burden your nasty habit puts on society.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home