Wednesday, October 5, 2005

U2 Night 2



Went to U2 again last night and here is just a few things I felt like chatting on.

I got the venue about the same time and secured my "good taper spot" and just planted it there. There was some buzz going on behind me at the mixing board and I am not sure which celeb was in attendance but people kept looking back and going for walks.

Show started just about 9 again and ran until about 11:15. The set list was pretty close to the night before. I was surprised the Electric Co. got in the set again. That was the slot where they'd roll out An Cat Dubh, or I Will Follow on various night.

Crumbs from your Table was performed for only the second time. It was a little sloppy and bono even mentioned at the end that the issue was mostly with "the singer".

As ehh as I thought I was on Miss Sarajevo that song still is amazing live. The story before it was exactly the same as the night before but the rendition was just as strong.

At the end of Where the Streets Have No Name bono said the crowd was louder than last night. Funny, cuz as I stood there I said to myself "monday was louder".

The encore started with an acoustic version of The First Time. When that was over I saw a mic stand go up for the Edge and it looked like we were going to get something unexpected. Bono said he was a little worried as they had 'never done this song..well this way". They did a very cool Stuck In a Moment that was almost totally acoustic. A cool version for sure. The took off from the stage and came back out for All Because of You and then it really seemed like it was going to be it when Larry started slapping out "40". Even Edge and Adam were not sure..but did the exchange of instruments. It was a short and not a highly spirited version as it was the night before.

Full set:
City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, The Electric Co., Crumbs From Your Table, Still Haven't Found, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Ol' Man River

Encore(s): The First Time (acoustic), Stuck In A Moment, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, 40

I am still ticketless for either night in December so lemme know who has my extra.

Oh be sure to read in the comments for this review (and last nights) that "u2 sucks" posted by an AVID reader of this blog!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:43:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess what...U2 sucks

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:15:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Who's the reader? Who who who?!!!

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo mamma!

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jennifer, I want to make comments on your eating habits...why no comments on your blog?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home