Monday, April 13, 2009

When it rains it pours I guess...

Its been a light year for shows for me so far. Up until this past weekend the only show I had been to was Adele. (my review of it here) Saturday I went to see Superdrag (review forthcoming).

There are always shows "on the radar" you know, if time, money etc were no object. Come late may, early June I could be in a world of hurt.

On Sunday May 31st Phish is playing Fenway Park. I don't have ticket(s) yet..but I'd go, and even went so far as to try my luck with mail order. Check out this great Fenway Teaser!

Wednesday June 3, Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails at the Comcast Center. I have seen both these bands in their prime and this would be more of a nostalgic trip than anything...if I could snag a single, somewhat close I'd be hard pressed to say no.

Thursday June 4, TV On The Radio at the House of Blues. The downside to this is I hear security is a major hassle there and not sure I am up for it (with everything else going on!)

Friday June 5th is Isis at the Paradise, ticket in hand for this one

Saturday June 6th - Phish (again) at the Comcast Center. I got lawn seats, and this was their first local show since the "breakup" so I'll hit this.

Sunday the 7th, doves return to Boston at the House of Blues, the new cd is okay, but I am not dying to see them after what a week that could be!

whew..don't think I can do all this....

3 Comments:

At Monday, April 13, 2009 8:32:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been seriously contemplating The NIN, Jane's Addiction Show.I'm just having trouble picturing it as a start of "summer" show. But I guess since this frozen tundra that we call Boston is still techincally coldish in early June, it isn't really summer anyways.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2009 10:33:00 PM , Blogger Bryan Hamill - Executive Editor said...

Lots of shows to see this spring/summer.

Get that Drag review up soon and
don't give up on the new Doves album yet, it definitely benefits from repeated listens.

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:15:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I saw Phish several years ago in Hershey...good show.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home