Monday, August 18, 2008

Sometimes it is good to be behind the time(s).....

I know it doesn't make sense as many folks want to be in the know and up on all things pop culture. (Not everyone, but many people I know would rather have some sort of idea of whats going on pop-culture wise vs. suddenly feeling out of touch..like our parents!!!)

Rather than talk of music I will actually talk of television shows.

We have cable television here at the Castle o' March but we do not have the "premiere" channels, such as HBO, Showtime etc.

What we do have is Netflix,which I/we love.

Soon after we got Netflix we decided to "catch up" on some of shows that we hadn't seen on these premium channels that people seemed to talk about. One was Sex and the City. It worked out great, we got thru all the seasons and actually were waiting for the final (second half) of the series finale. A bunch of years wrapped up in under 6 months was sort of nice. We have tried a few others, and have intentions of seeing others but we both can't wait for the rumored in October release of season two of Brotherhood.

Long story even longer I started Dexter last night. Disc one has 4 episodes and I went right through 2 episodes. I hope to wrap up DVD1 tonight..its good so far. I can see it not being for everyone. Mrs. March to begin with doesn't care for CSI type shows..then toss in a serial killer to boot..not sure she is gonna care no matter "how good" it is.

One show I'd like to get caught up on is Mad Men. It seems like season 1 just came out and season 2 is underway.

What are some of the shows (non network) that you follow, or had followed?

5 Comments:

At Monday, August 18, 2008 11:09:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

Deadwood on HBO. That Al Swearengen was awesome.

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 1:34:00 PM , Blogger darren said...

its on "fx" i think over there but i dont know how people get that channel so i'll mention it anyway :)

"its always sunny in philadelphia" is just faaaantastic.

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 7:38:00 PM , Blogger JamieSmitten said...

Six Feet Under and Firefly -- both series I watched on Netflix and LOVED. There are also some great BBC series available. Which is why my queue has like 300 movies in it -- tons of series.

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 9:20:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Stick with Dexter...it gets better. Season 2 comes out tomorrow and I sent something back today, so hopefully I'll get it.

TV stuff I have rented from Netflix: Six Feet Under, 30 Days, Extras, 30 Rock, Big Love, Planet Earth, The Presidents, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ab Fab, My So-Called Life, The Twilight Zone (some of the classics and the early 2000s one which sucked massive ass), Sex and the City (2 times), the first couple seasons of ER, the British Office, Freaks and Geeks, and the Sopranos (this will get me crucified, but I just couldn't get into it).

On my queue: Newsradio, Da Ali G Show, Entourage, Weeds, Feasting on Asphalt, and some Martha Stewart and Julia Child stuff.

It would appear as though I need a life, but in my defense, I have been a Netflix member for 4 years.

 
At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:43:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

darren - i catch that from time to time, I should just add the seasons.

Jamie - we tried 6feet under but gave up after disc one of season one..i think I will go back to it though

Jenny - I dig Dexter so far..its good stuff. We haven't seen Sopranos either..not sure i am ready for 8 seasons to catch up on either. Entourage I liked..but they are spacing the release of the seasons so far apart its hard to remember what was going on.

Netflix rules tho!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home