Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What comes to mind...

Just one of those posts..where I kinda go all over the place.

- I just can't get in to the Olympics. I kinda sorta try..but I get bored so quick..and i loathe the fact that much of it is on delay..yet they don't tighten up the editing some..show us the action and move on. Also, small favor..Littlest March wants to watch the gymnastics..can you NOT show 2 routines..then come back 2+hrs later?

- Littlest March went back to camp today..I think we are over being sick..although guess who has a sore throat the last few days, if you guessed little march you'd be right.

- Took a vacation day yesterday..we were supposed to go to an amusement park/water park yesterday but it hardly cracked 70 degrees so we bailed on that and headed in to Boston. We did the New England Aquarium (and about 100 million other people had the same idea) but it was fun to go. The kids like to ride trains and elevators and you name it..we could have just gone to the mall.

- Sunday I had some "me" time. I had over $100 in gift card value for a local record shop, which is not all that convenient to me any more so when I go, I tend to lose it. I went to $124..it was a blast. I wasn't rushed and I got some more Miles Davis as well as a live Slayer cd (there is some diversity eh?)

- Got the order form for the tickets I'd want for the Providence Bruins this coming season. Decided to get an addition game thrown in there so I'll be going to one game a month (in theory) for the entire season. I'll see opening night and the final night of the regular season, as well as a game vs. the Hershey Bears.

- The sun is out..great..i am in the office and the sun shows its face for the first time in what feels like 3 weeks.

- back in June I found a beer that I really liked that I hadn't been able to find in ages. it used to be called "Pete's Wicked Summer Brew". It changed names to "Rally Cap Ale" and it was delish...i went to buy more and was told the brewery had a fire and what I had was all I'd get until next year??!

that's it..just wanted to post...

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:37:00 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I'm actually enjoying the Olympics, except for gymnastics that is.

 
At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:00:00 PM , Blogger Jives said...

But can you touch sharks and rays at a mall?

I think not!

Thanks for visiting the NEAQ:)

 
At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:29:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Jives..that was pretty cool I'll admit.

 
At Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:15:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Re: the PBs kicking the HBs asses: I think you have it backwards, son.

 
At Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:20:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I'm not into the Olympics either. My dad thinks I'm weird for it, oh well. But actually I have been so busy working on my manuscript that I haven't been on the internet that much either!

 
At Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK A bit of History here.
Pete's Brewing was bought back in the late 90's by the importers of Corono and others The Gambrinus Company and is now based out of San Antonio TX. The Rally Cap is only offered until mid August then they swap to the Wanderlust.
And all their beer is contract brewed by Matts Brewing in Utica NY.
Matts also contract Brews for Brooklyn Brewing and others but is probably best known in the North East USA as being the brewer of Saranac.
Matts had a BIG fire MAy 29th that destroyed their can line and halted brewing. The bottling line was back online about 23 days after the fire. Firemen estimated the poured 2,000,000 gallons on the fire!

 
At Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:37:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

book and music store gift cards are the best!

 
At Friday, August 15, 2008 11:05:00 AM , Blogger JamieSmitten said...

I totally agree on Olympics viewing. If it is totally memorable, the news networks will replay it a zillion times, so I hardly fear I'm in danger of missing a once-in-a-lifetime moment. The color commentary on Beijing has been kind of interesting though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home