Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I am a marketing genius...

okay..i am putting this out there, and if you see it happening I want the residuals.

the set up:
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, if every household in the United States replaced just ONE regular incandescent light bulb with an Energy Star approved compact fluorescent bulb (CFL) we’d save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year, more than $600 million in annual energy costs, and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars.

Okay fair enough.

my idea for ANY company, organization etc is this:

Buy a bunch of the bulbs, slap your logo on the box and give ONE away per "customer" or visitor to your store/web site.

How can that NOT be good PR for your company? Oh look Random Musings Light Bulbs..that boy is one smarty pants..i think I'll book mark his site and tell all my friends to read. Imagine if you were Target, or Dunkin Donuts or CVS or Best Buy..whatever. Sports Teams..anything to give you a "green image" how can that hurt?

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:47:00 AM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I have started doing this myself, by the way. REplacing my bulbs as they go out. I think it is important to do and I think your idea is genius. Sheer genius!

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:03:00 AM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

My bulbs have already been replaced.

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:08:00 PM , Blogger Dim said...

Something tells me that "Dim's Lightbulbs" won't be a very big seller...

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:39:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

We've already replaced all of our bulbs, but I would love a Random Musings Light Bulb and a Dim Light bulb for mood lighting.

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:42:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

b - mood lighting eh? Hahah..you are on to something.

 
At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a "Dim"able CFL?
I need to get the dimmable onse to replace the balance in our house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home