Monday, June 2, 2008

Bit by the bug.....

Saturday Mrs March and the kids went to a birthday party in the afternoon. After I ran some errands I decided it was time to get on the mountain bike.

I have ridden *some* over the last few years, but nothing like I used to. Most of the rides these days are 20 minutes *tops* with the kids down the street or what have you.

Checking the time before I left 3:45pm. Off I went. The only bummer of the ride was my speedometer/odometer was out of whack, but I rode...and rode..and arrived back home at 5:55. I was gassed, but man I was bit by that bug again. There is an old train track about 1/2 mile from me. I rode one way, then back well past my starting point. I was unsure the area would be much fun, but I was quickly proven wrong, which was great for me.

When I got home, I cleaned the bike, cracked a beer and just realized I needed to do this again, real soon.

I crashed in bed at about 9:10pm, and my legs still sort of hurt, one more day off I think, then I am back at it, even if its 30 minutes I need to get out there.

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 02, 2008 11:04:00 AM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Good for you!

The last time I was on a bike was 10 years ago. I don't think I could do it anymore!

 
At Monday, June 02, 2008 2:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think exercising makes you feel young, don't you? Keep it up.

 
At Monday, June 02, 2008 5:37:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

And what a good example to set for your kids!

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:55:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm glad you had a good time! :) My dad and I go riding on a great rail trail around here a lot in the summer.

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:52:00 AM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I'm really wanting to buy a mountain bike because lord knows I need some exercise.

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also got out last night for a hour in the woods. I haven't ridden hard in the woods in like 3 years. I had a blast as well but realized when I got home my bike needs some serious TLC, and maybe some upgrades...Handlebar streamer and a bell !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home