Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rockin and a rollin...

The other day I was walking and a track came up on shuffle I had all but forgotten about (Hello Forgotten Disc Friday??, anyhow, the song has been on the brain for the last 2 days..with about 4-5 "plays" per day. I didn't have the mp3 version on my pc so if you so desire you can check out the youtube clip of the song here. If you want to hear the song (studio version) set to some random video that version is here

Its the Buzzcocks "Why Can't I touch it?". Done giggling? Its actually a great freaking tune. Just listen to the words...you'll get it.

As a funny side bar, I saw the Buzzcocks open for Pearl Jam a few years ago and had pretty good seats. Most of the early arrivals sort of sat there watching these guys tear up the stage..except for that "one guy" who had seats about 15 rows back dead center...dancing like a freaking maniac..singing along...it was mint. You know that the band didn't care about the "blank stares' they made that dudes night.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:47:00 PM , Blogger Bryan Hamill - Executive Editor said...

I was sitting right next to you mate.
They kicked ass and most of the crowd just didn't get it.

everyone needs some buzzcocks in there collection.

evil speakers

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:53:00 PM , Blogger JamieSmitten said...

So I wasn't THAT freaking maniac dancer singing along, but you have just described me perfectly when I saw the Buzzcocks at a tiny club in Virginia Beach in 1991. Except for the 15 rows back part -- I was right up front with Pete and Steve's sweat landing all over me. God bless the Buzzcocks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home