Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ahhh crap..are you kidding?

The last 2-3 days Little March has been under the weather. Sort of hoarse, cough, runny nose. Sort of stuff you attribute to allergies or even just a cold.

This is the final full week of school, Little has had perfect attendance. To add to this, this whole week is "Spirit Week". Crazy Hat Day, Tropical Island Day etc...

So, yesterday Little gets ready for school and is a little slower than usual, but still in a good enough mood. Its "Flashback" Day so she has some 70's disco stuff going on. Off she and littlest go to the bus.

Fast forward to about noon.

I get an email from Mrs March simply reading - Little March not well, chills, temp 102, general not feeling well..going to get.

Late in the day I get a call from Mrs asking of I can stop of milk on the way home and then she says "Oh, Little has something to tell you".

*hands phone over*
Little March - Hi Daddy.
Me - hey, how are you feeling?!
LM - umm okay, my throat hurts and I sound funny.
me - well, that is okay sorry you don't feel good.
LM - dad, you know what?
me - what?
LM - they think I might have chicken pox.
me - What??
LM - yeah..they said it might be.
me - oh no, you had a shot for this when you were little!
LM - No dad, I had THREE shots for it.

Soooooooooo word around the campfire is even if you are vaccinated against the chicken pox you can get it still (WTF?). She is home today and hasn't had a temp, but has a few "noticeable" marks on her neck and torso. The doctor said it could either be a virus, or a very mild post vaccinated version of chicken pox.

Out the window goes Tropical Island day...
Out the window goes the perfect attendance...

9am she is sitting at the table playing with some Polly Pockets and I get "Dad...I am bored can I please go to school?"

Can I go to school? Whoa, I'll have to remember this come high school!

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! No fun.

And yeah - chicken pox, my boys have all had it and my oldest got it two more times. . . each time a little milder but still uncomfortable.

Hope she's better soon

 
At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:42:00 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I can't believe y'alls schools are still going. Whatever happened to summer?

 
At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:48:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Best wishes to Little March! Yes, record her saying she would like to go to school, I'm sure you'll need for days like "Senior Skip Day" and such.

 
At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:30:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Poor baby! and poor Marches! Aw man, hopefully it passes real quick.

 
At Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:55:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

I hope that Little March gets better soon! I love that she loves school. So cool.

You can still get chicken poxs event though they get the vaccine? Why are we paying for vaccines that don't work properly?

 
At Friday, June 13, 2008 2:40:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

I hope you put her in a room with littlest March so he can get it out of the way. I didn't even know they had a vaccine for chicken pox now. I had them when I was young and it was miserable. :-(

Glad she is feeling well enough to go back to school!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home