Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Night at the Movies.



Last night I finally had a chance, got my act together, however you want to slice it..I finally made it see the U23D Movie.

My older brother and I were trying for a few weeks to get out act together to see it in Imax, but scheduling just didn't work out.

I went to the 9:55pm show at my local theater. I was the ONLY person in the theater. Settled in to the dead center seat in the theater, sipped and snacked on my $10.00 worth of snack (popcorn and water mind you 10.00????!?!?).

When the film started I noticed right away that the film was VERY loud. You really fell like you are at the show. 3D films have come a long way and everything looked great. The movie was shot at a few locals in South America and the audience is just ravenous, at times the whole "floor" area just bouncing in unison.

I know there are people that don't like U2 and that is all fine and good, but if you have even the slightest curiosity I strongly suggest this..even if its just from a technical standpoint of sound and camera etc. The film is about 1hr and 20 minutes long and its edited so there is little gap between songs and for those that are wondering very little "Bono preaching".

See if while you can. If this is to come out on DVD (rumor had it they don't want to do this) it will never be the same.

Treat yourself, and thank me later.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:08:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

I love U2! In fact, almost everyday for the last few weeks during my commute I had been listening to their greatest hits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home